Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Sing Off

You know I love all things concerning singing since I am a singer who hopes to break into the business someday....if people are singing I'm probably watching it....I wish I could find a group to sing with....not necessarily acapella, but a group to sing with would be great!

For the past few days I've been watching recordings of "The Sing Off". It was a competition sorta like American Idol for groups. 4 days. 8 groups. It was all acapella. No instruments. I really enjoyed the competition. I liked most of the groups. Some of my favorites were Nota, Voices of Lee, Beelzebubs, and Socals. Nota won. Nota was a group of guys from Puerto Rico and they were awesome! I really loved the song they sang called "Down". Their lead singer had a great tenor voice! They alwasys put some latin flavor in their songs! I know a lot of people from my church in Fort Mill were rooting for Voices of Lee(b/c the represent the Church of God and they actually performed at my church a few weeks ago but I missed b/c I'm here) but I predicted that Nota would probably win. The Beelzebubs were so adorable and fun. They were a group of guys from Tufts University. Their musical director, Nick, is a cutie. He looks so young, sweet and innocent. They made it to the top 2. The Voices of Lee were great also. They are a group from Lee University. They ranked number 3 in the competition.


The whole cast

I think the blond guy, Dan, who is one of the lead singers of SoCals is cute-i like the glasses and his hair...and has an awesome tenor voice(I love tenor voices).....I love the arrangement...I can't stop watching it!



Nota--the lead singer has a great voice..



Beelzebubs




Voices of Lee (they always looked like a Gap ad..hehe)



Socals

No comments: