Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 358

Thursday December 10

Yeah I'm writing this a day late...

My first class was pretty good. It was a writing class. We talked about main ideas, details. They had trouble writing the main idea in their own words. We also talked about describing words, subject/verb agreement. Finished 4 pages in class. One student a few mins late and didn't bring her book so I had to make a copy. Then one student came in 10 minutes before class was over.

My 2nd class is usually way too short but the material actually lasted longer in this class bc some didn’t understand.Today's topic was describing words..they did okay but had a little trouble…then gave an extra activity…they did good on it…the new girl was participating a lot—calling out all the answers..good job!....they liked the describing a place…first they wanted to describe a computer game…I told them a computer game was not a place…Then, they described PC room..They like beeing silly. One of the boys wrote "PC room is my life". The boys were joking around in korean making the class laugh. I gave a test on the newspaper articles. 2 boys just guessed and made 30. The highest grade was 60…

The newspaper class was perfect. Everyone was listening, everyone read, they answered the questions. That's how every class should go.

After class 2 of my students came into the classroom and asked me what I wanted for my birthday. The 2 of the students who were in that class stayed behind so I had 4 girls asking me what I wanted. I told them they didn't have to get me anything. They all wanted to. I never gave them an answer. They were still asking me when we moved into the hall. The Korean teacher said "tell them something expensive"..haha.

Conversation class was out of control as usual. We were finished with the book so I brought a lesson from one of my other convo classes. It was about the future. The 3 boys in the back were playing around all class and not doing their work. The other 4 were actually doing their work and doing a pretty good job. We were talking about what they wanted to be in the future. One of the guys who wasnt paying attention said he wanted to be a power ranger. The new student who came last week is really putting forth an effort and doing very well. I knew the 3 boys in the back of the room weren't paying attention so I asked them to tell me the answer to a question. Then they ask me what page we are on and which activity. It was funny watching them try to come up with the answer. They got it wrong. Next week we have a test in that class. I'm not making the new student take the test because he's only been in my class for 2 weeks.

My last class was good. One one student was in the class. We covered a lot of material and she did a good job. We were talking about choosing a topic that interests you. Then I ended early and let her play a game. We played hangman for about 15 minutes.

No comments: