Friday, December 25, 2009

Day 373...White Christmas...

Friday December 25

Fact: South Korea is the only East Asian country to recognize Christmas as a national holiday.

The majority of people in South Korea are Buddhist, so Christmas isn't an important festival


Finally a holiday on Friday! Most of our holidays have fallen on Saturday this year which means we didn't get any days off of work. They don't give you the day before or a monday. I'm also off next Friday for new years!

Its my 2nd Christmas away from home. Yep. I missed 2 in a row. I'm not even celebrating this year. I'll probably just sleep all day. It doesn't even feel like Christmas when I'm away from home. I didn't even do anything this year to get into the Christmas spirit. I didn't wear Christmas colors or even decorate my apartment. I didn't buy gifts for anyone. I usually watch "A Christmas Story" a couple of times and force my family to sit down and watch it with me, but I didn't even watch it this year.

Sadly, this year its just another regular day. I slept until 3:30pm.

I decided to venture out to E-Mart for supper. It was packed. One of the biggest retailers in SK didn't shut down for Christmas.

And it started snowing. So we got a white Christmas in South Korea. Just a tiny amount.

No comments: