Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 376

Monday December 28

current temp: 17 degrees F
exchange: 1177 krw = 1 usd

I gave my 2 months notice to let the school know I wasn't renewing. My team leader didn't know what the letter was for. I had to explain it to the Korean teacher. I told her I'm suppose to give a notice to let them know if I'm renewing or not.

The snow is still around. Its all yucky now since everyone has stepped on it. The subway and other stores are nasty because people keep tracking in mud from outside. The only pretty snow that I've seen today was down by the stream.

I went out for lunch and on my way back to school I fell down. I hit a slick spot and fell to my knees. The funny thing is a few of my students saw it. haha. One of them saw me and said "hey teacher." Then 2 girls from my last class just laughed at me. I laughed with them.

I had a new student in my first class. He's doing well so far. He wouldn't tell me his name. I'll ask him again next time. The new student was on time and the other student was late. The other student didn't miss much. Before he came in we went over a new set of words and put them in ABC order.

My 2nd class was good. Today we had a speaking test. The students were excited to pick out the order they wanted to go in. Then the test took all class. While one student was taking a test the other students were writing on the whiteboard. All the students did well on the test. I'm pretty lenient on them. I remind them to speak in a sentence. One student made a perfect score. She spoke in complete sentences, the answers were right and her grammar was good. The lowest grade was a 92 because of a few grammar mistakes.

My 3rd class was good also. We had a speaking test in class. I let them study first. They had a little trouble. Both of them made a 90 because of grammar mistakes. Then I let them play hangman.

My last class was also good. I'm glad. One of the main trouble makers was absent today. Today we covered 4 pages of new material. We were talking about action words like drink, eat, laugh, etc. They were on their best behavior and did good in class. Then I let them play a game. They formed 2 teams and played the English game on the chalkboard. I don't know what one word was that they put up there! I let them put it up anyway. The rest of the words were legitimate.

I've got 3 writing tests made. 2 more to go.

I'll be giving speaking tests on Tuesday. Then writing tests on Wednesday and Thursday. I'll also be doing my newspaper class. This week we are talking about: hedgehogs as pets, The first black Disney princess, a dancing traffic police, and foot binding in China.

1 day down...3 more to go...then 3 day weekend!

3 days till new years....

No comments: