Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 353....Lotte World

Saturday Dec 5

Pictures: Click on the album to view

Lotte World


Today I went to Lotte World!

Lotte World is a recreation complex in Seoul, South Korea. It consists of a large indoor theme park, an outdoor amusement park, an island linked by monorail, shopping malls, a hotel, a Korean folk museum, sports facilities and movie theaters in one area. The Lotte World indoor theme park is one of the largest indoor amusement parks in the world, and ranked seventh worldwide in attendance according to the 2002 census.Opened on July 12, 1989, it receives about 8 million visitors each year. It can be easily accessed from Jamsil Station, on Line 2 and Line 8 of the Seoul Subway. Located near the park is Seok-Chon lake

It was snowing this afternoon..very briefly and it didn't stick.



I was going to meet my recruiter and a group at noon. There were 17 people on the RSVP list last time I looked on facebook. We had a group of 10 there today. Our recruiter (who no longer works there) wanted to see us before she left to move to America. She's moving to California on Dec 17.

I had a lot of fun today. The lines weren't too long. There were a lot of people there, but it wasn't too crowded. We didn't wait very long in the lines. First we rode the monorail once around the indoor park. Then we rode a ride called "the conquistador"--extreme trills in a swinging boat that swings up to 75 degrees. Then we went to the outdoor park. First, we rode "Atlantis" it was a roller coaster that traveled at 72km per hour. Very fun. Then some of the others decided to ride 'the gyro swing' and the 'bungee drop'. I sat out those 2. Then we rode the 'comet express'. It was neat. I think that was my favorite ride of the day. It reminded me of space mountian because its dark, but its different because the seats spin while you are riding.


Then we went back inside. First, we stopped at a mexican restaurant and a few of them drank some beer and I just had some coke. Then we rode "The French Revolution"--Intense high speed train that makes 360-540 degree turns. I finally went on a rollercoaster that goes upside down. At least it wasnt bad. I wasn't scared because we had these bars around our shoulders. I'm usually afraid of falling out although I know its a slim chance. I accomplished one of the things on my bucket list and one of my biggest fears--"riding a rollercoaster that goes upside down". Yes I'm almost 28 and I've never ridden a roller coaster like that. After that ride our group disbanded. Everyone was ready to go their separate ways. I stayed at the park. I guess the others went home. I wasn't ready to leave. It was only 4pm.

I spent the next 3 1/2 hours on my own. First, I went to "the adventures of Sinbad"..its a slow boat ride....Then I went to "Jungle Adventure"--take a journey in the whitewaters of the jungle. I thought it would be like the white water rapids thing at Carowinds. They warn you "you will get wet". This ride was so tame. I didn't even get wet. It was going really slow and there weren't any sudden drops or anything exciting.

As I was walking around I heard a band playing and people were crowded around the skating rink. There was a marching band playing on the ice. They were playing holiday tunes. I wish I would have known about it earlier so I could have seen the whole thing. I only saw one or two songs. All my pictures were blurry. I didn't take my dslr..just my crazy digital camera with the delayed shutter.


Then I went to the food court. I had bbq beef with pan fried rice. It was good.

Then I rode the "aeronauts balloon ride". This was the longest wait of the day. I waited in line for about 40 minutes. This ride mimics a hot air balloon and you are suspended from the ceiling 30m above the park and you ride once around and watch everything below.


Then I watched the Christmas parade. It was neat but I couldnt hardly see. I should have lined up early to get a front row seat. They had a lot of performers who danced and they had little floats. It was a very short parade inside. I couldnt get any pictures. I was on the 2nd row but I didn't have an open space to be able to take a photo.


Then I headed home. It was a fun day.

Inside Jamsil station there was a Krispy Kreme. I've seen Krispy Kreme a few times and I wondered if it tasted the same here. Well I finally tried it in SK. I got a glazed doughnut and one with chocolate. It was so good!! A glazed doughnut costed 1,200 won and a chocolate was 1,300 won (todays exchange=1158 Won =$1)....so it was just over $1.



How to get there: Line 2, Jamsil station, exit 4

Price: 35,000 won (about $35 dollars)

Open all year round.

http://www.lotteworld.com/Global_eng/Main.asp

No comments: