Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 367...Seoul Festival of Lights

Saturday December 19

Pictures: click on album to view

Seoul Festival of Lights


With the addition of Gwanghwamun Square, this year’s Seoul Festival of Lights will be bigger in scale and composition than any of its previous runs.

I took the bus and got to the area around 6pm. I didn't exactly know how to get to the Gwanghwamun area so I walked around for a while. I finally found it as the ceremony was beginning. I couldn't really see much, but there wasn't much to see. A woman and a man talked in Korean so I had no clue what they said. Then the digital media started playing on the side of the KT building.


Then I went to look at the outdoor ice rink. I watched people skate for a little while.


Then I walked down to the stream. As I was walking back I saw people dressed as superheros out in front of the statue. A lot of people were taking photos with them.

Then I was walking around trying to figure out how to get to the bus stop when I saw Lotte Dept store so I decided to go in to the food court. While I was looking for the food court I found Krispy Kreme and went inside. They gave everyone in line a free warm glazed doughnut. yum. I also ordered a glazed doughnut and a chocolate doughnut to go. Then i was going down to the food court. I actually think the food court was closing down so I didn't try to order anything. Then I made my way out.

When I left the dept store I had a pleasant surprise. I saw the personal trainer from the gym. He was outside of the dept store. I hadn't seen him in a month. He said he missed me and he was happy to see me. (I miss everyone from the gym! I'm going to go say goodbye to them in February)It was good to see him. We talked briefly. His hair looked nice. He used to have shorter hair and now he's growing it out some. Asian men have the best hairstyles. A lot of them have longer hairstyles.

Seoul Festival of Lights
When: Dec 19-Jan 24
Where: Seoul Plaza, Gwanghwamun Square
Price: Free

Gwanghwamun Ice-Skating Rink
*Operating period : Dec. 11, 2009 ~ Feb. 15, 2010
*Operating hours : 10:00 ~ 22:00 (weekdays),10:00 ~ 22:00 (weekends, public holidays)
*Fee : 1,000 won per person per one hour (including rentals of skate and helmet)

No comments: