Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 363

Tuesday December 15

1st class was good. When I came in one of my students asked me if I liked chocolate. I told her I did. So then she gave me a box of bread chips. She said it had chocolate in it. The box says natural unleavened yogurt sourdough. (I don’t think there’s any chocolate in it.there are raisins which she probably mistook as chocolate). It’s a bit bland, but it’s the thought that counts. She also wrote a note with it. The note says “Hello Valerie teacher! My name is Alice! Sorry I didn’t present to your birthday. This present is small. Sorry sorry. I very very love you!” How sweet!








I had one new student. Now I have 2 students in the class with the same name. There was already a Sally and the new girl is Sally. First I gave them their newspaper test. They all did well on it. The most that anyone missed was 2.We had a good lesson today. The title of the lesson was “Is it good news or bad news?” There were various situations and they had to tell their opinions. For example: Your dad just bought a new car. It’s bigger than the one you had. A) Is this good news or bad news? B) What will your mom think? Then I asked them to talk to their partners. Then they had free time for a few minutes. I didn’t have time to teach them the song.

My 2nd class was good. We went over questions starting with How. The 2 boys were talking to each other as usual so I had to keep telling them to be quiet. The students had trouble making questions so I basically gave them the answers. Then I had them talk to a partner. I had to be one boy’s partner because there is an uneven number. Then we learned the 12 days of Christmas. They liked the recording. I played the Disney version. Then we read together. There were 5 students and me so we did 2 numbers each. Once they got the hang of it, it went really well. Then they had a few minutes free time.

3rd class was great. I had 2 classes combined for the newspaper class. They were very well behaved. Everyone was quiet, listening and reading along. They had some trouble finding the answers. Our articles today were about a reindeer in NY, Indonesia’s tallest man, world’s smartest man, and a robotic arm. We listened, read together and answered questions. We listened to the 4th article and I asked them to answer the questions for homework.

Last class was great. We talked about watching tv. We were talking about our favorite shows and I told them about the show I liked-Boys Over Flowers (a Korean drama). They asked me about what characters I liked the most. They asked me to rank them in the order that I liked them. Then they were telling me about shows and describing them and using actions to describe them . we were also talking about a lot of famous music artists in korea. They were asking me about ones that I liked and what songs I liked. Then we listened to 12 days of Christmas. We attempted to sing it. Then we just read it together. I think they actually enjoyed it. They loved playing with my powerpoint presentation I made for the song with pictures of all the things In the song.

I tried a new snack today. Its a chocolate snack and it tastes just like cocoa puffs cereal. Thats the 2nd snack that I've tried in Korea that reminds me of a cereal.



No comments: