Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 349

Tuesday December 1

well it was an okay day.

I don't have classes tomorrow and I think I don't have any on Thursday either. Its a movie day. That will be nice, but I have to find something to keep myself occupied for 7 hours at work.

I still have a runny/stuffy nose. Every once and a while I'll have a cough. I hate feeling like this. My students in my first class could tell I was stuffed up by the way I sounded. They asked if I was sick. I told them I have a runny nose. I just want it to go away! I wish I had more dayquil. I only have one. I'm saving it for when I really need it. I have Nyquil but I can't take it during the day. The allergy medicine doesn't work at all. I would go search for some dayquil but I doubt they sell it here.

My first class was okay. I had a new student today. He didn't know what he wanted his name to be so he chose "Paul" off of a list of common boy names. Today we were talking about Proverbs. They didn't really understand the proverbs so I just gave them the answers. At 4:30 they asked me what time it was. I told them we had 30 mins left and they tell me to hurry up and try to rush through the lesson. This class doesn't care about learning. They just care about finishing quickly so they can play.

My 2nd class was okay. I had a new student in this class also. His name is Fred. Today's lesson was about making questions starting with What. They had trouble with it so I had to give them the answers. The 2 boys were constantly talking and laughing during class.

My 3rd class was in the lab. I asked the boys to sit apart from each other and they got mad and ended up sitting beside each other anyway. They sit there and talk and play around and don't even get halfway done. I think I'm going to start grading their class work in that class. I helped the new kid make an account, but he didn't know his ID number. I asked him to finish his account at home and I let him use my ID. I showed him the correct way to do the class and he did a great job. He didn't get many done today, but its okay since its his first day. The boy who is always late showed up at 6:43-class was over at 6:50. I was telling the boys to be quiet and do their work and the late boy told me "I have a headache. Be quiet." I told him "you dont tell me to be quiet."

I only had one student in my last class. the same boy who was late for the lab class. When you put him with others he acts up but he's good alone. We went over 2 lessons and it was way too short. He did a good job on the lessons about the zoo and traffic laws. He wouldn't write down the answers so he'd know it later. I asked him if it was in his head and he said yeah. I told him I expect him to get it right on the speaking test. Then I let him have free time. He drew a korean chess board on the board and he wanted me to play with him. He explained it to me, but when I was playing I didn't know what the heck I was doing!! He kept telling me to hurry up and move my piece and I kept asking him where I could move it. I lost! I didn't really want to learn but if that's what makes him happy then I'll attempt it. Plus it was giving him speaking practice describing the rules to me in English.

I used all of my free time today to average up midterm grades. I finally got it done!When she puts all the grades in the report cards I have to write a comment. I can write about some of their bad behavior and non motivation.

Our students didn't level up after 3 months and we are using the same books for 6 months..how crazy!

No comments: