Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 366

Friday Dec 18

1st class was okay.He made 50 on the newspaper and he doesn’t look for the answers in the articles. I give him the exact articles so he could look and find the answers. The other students don't get to look at the articles during the test. Before the test I had him write the words 3 times each then we took the test. He only got one word right. I just don’t know how to help him retain the words. We go over the words numerous times. We read them at least twice. We spell them together. We write the words 5 times each plus exercises in the book. He does great on the exercises with finding patterns like words with eep or with ean. I just hope something I do help. He was so adorable in his little hat..its kinda like a toboggan that is in the shape of an animal head.

My 2nd class was good. They are always good in every class. Definatly my most enthusiastic class. We were doing our newspaper articles. They did a great job. They were all begging to read first and answer the questions. They enjoyed the pictures also.


The 3rd class was good.Only one student was present. we had a good class. we listened, read together and answered the questions from our newspaper articles.


The last class wasn't as bad as Wednesday but not good either. One of the boys keeps asking for a game. He told me “no game, no study”. I told them if they want a game they have to behave. Even after I tell him over and over to be good he still gets out his cellphone and plays with it during class and puts forth no effort whatsoever. As long as they won’t read and play with cellphones there will be no game. One student really gets on my nerves. He doesn’t even try. He is always asking me to move so he can see the answer. He wont even look in the book for the answer. He expects me to just give him the answer. They won’t repeat after me as a class. I have to keep restarting the cd because no one is paying attention. I think this class will be one where their level at the beginning and the end is going to be the same if not worse. I’m not doing any good because they just don’t give a shit. They have a test on unit 2 on Monday. I don’t know if I will even bother giving a review. Its not like anyone will pay attention.They will sit there and talk during the review. You basically give them the answers to the test before the test and then they do poorly. I predict that no one will study and that they will do badly.

No comments: