Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 362

Monday December 14

Randomness: The iphone recently launched in South Korea by KT. Why does KT get to carry the iphone and Verizon won't?? What is the big freakin deal with AT&T having exclusive access to the iphone?? I want the iphone on Verizon!

My 1st class was okay. My student showed up at 2:50(class starts at 2:30)..I reviewed the words that were going to be on test. I was trying to see if that would help refresh his memory on the spelling so he would do better on the test. We read twice and spelled together once. Then he took test. He only attempted 4 of the words and got 3 of them right. We did 2 1/2 pages in class. I gave him half a page homework and told him to write each word 5 times. We have another test on Wednesday.

My 2nd class was good. I gave Kids times test first. All of the students did good. Then we did a speaking lesson on giving up seats to elderly on the bus. Each kid read a question then we talked to partners. I had to be 2 peoples partners because they didn’t want to be each other’s partners. Then I taught them a song. 12 days of Christmas. We listened first with a powerpoint then we read together. They did a good job. Each person had to be 2 numbers. I think they enjoyed it. Then they had free time to play a game.

My 3rd class was okay. We went over a speaking lesson on questions starting with “How”. They did okay but I had to help them out. Then I had each of them read the questions and the answers. Then I taught them a song. 12 days of Christmas. First we listened and I showed a powerpoint show. The boy didn’t even watch it. He was so disinterested. I told him it was a fun song. He’s only interested in free time. We read the song together. Then I let them listen to another version. I had 2 versions-disney and chipmunks. Afterwards the boy kept telling me how boring the song was. He kept letting me know how much he hated it. I told him it was a fun song. It is a fun song in America. He’s just being difficult.

I didn't have to go to my conversation class. I was going to give them a test. Oh well. At least its over! She told me after I had already made all the copies of the test for 16 students. Oh well. Just wasted a lot of paper!

Last class was a nightmare as always. This class is so frustrating. I’m basically talking to myself for 50 minutes. If I believed in hitting kids—this class would get a lot of beatings. I don’t even know what to do to punish them. I was trying to get them to listen in class and they wont be quiet. I played the cd 4 times hoping they would listen at least once. Then they wont repeat after me. They just play around all class on their cell phones and keep talking to each other and throwing things around the room. Maybe I should start taking their cell phones away. They think its funny when I tell them to be quiet and they laugh at me when I’m mad at them. They just basically ignore me all class. They don’t even make an effort. I feel like giving up and not even caring if they learn anything. I can’t get the whole class to read and repeat . I try to get them to ask each other questions but they wont do what I say. I told one guy to ask a girl a question and he reads it where you cant even understand him. I told him to speak clearly but he still didn’t. This class is just some joke to them. Today we were talking about articles of clothing. They won't be getting a game anytime soon. They think im a mean teacher because I wont give them a game but Im not rewarding bad behavior. They need to learn that if they want a game they have to be on their best behavior.

No comments: