Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 350

Wednesday December 2

Today was a pretty easy day with some confusion thrown in.

Today my nose is still a little stuffy but not runny. Now I have a cough every once and a while.

Today was a movie day for the kids. They started the movie around 4:15. I was sitting at my desk watching "House" and the Korean teacher asked me if I'd like to join. I went in to watch the movie. They were watching "Bolt". One of the kids wanted me to come sit beside her but I would have been sitting right in front of the projector. When the Korean teacher went out of the room some of the kids said the movie was boring and they didn't understand. (it was in English, no subtitles). So while she was gone they played a game for a little while. The movie was still playing. They were quiet once she came back in. After class, some of the kids told her that the movie was boring because they had already seen it. It was a pretty good movie.

After the movie I went back to my desk. I used to have a conversation class at 6pm. 2 of my students came to my desk and asked me why I wasn't coming to class. I told them that I was only teaching till November. Then another teacher asked me why I wasn't going to class. I told her that the Korean teacher said that the conversation class was only until November. (thats what I was told at the beginning of the semester!) The Korean teacher came to talk to me and told me it was till Dec 17. Great-2 more weeks of their crap. So I quickly made copies and went to class at 6:25. Today the children were really quiet. that's a first. No one was playing around. Even the boy who never does his work was actually doing some. The class clown wasn't there today. He's usually the one who starts all the commotion. Today we talked about using "I know". Even though they were on their best behavior today I couldnt get half the class to practice their conversation with a partner. oh well. My Thursday class doesnt have enough lessons in their book for 3 more lessons. I'll have to print some lessons out of one of the other books for 2 weeks. Maybe I should give one more test in those classes so if they ask for a grade I'll have one instead of making up some b.s.

After class the Korean teacher asked me to watch my class that was watching the movie. She actually put the movie up with korean subtitles for the lowest level students. (the others should have had subtitles too!) She told me not to let them go home early. The movie was over 5 mins before class was over so I let them play a game for 5 minutes.

Oh man I'm so glad I'm leaving soon. I can't stand to be at a place where I'm constantly out of the loop. I find out everything last minute or not at all.

I got my statement from my apartment building today. This month my maintainance fees are only 88,000. Thats good. Last month it was 116,000. The fees vary from month to month.

No comments: