Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 356

Tuesday December 8

I had a pretty decent day.

2 students who were in my MWF class are now in my Tues/Thurs class-those were the 2 absent students yesterday. Today we were talking about "lifestyle quips". It was too hard for them. No one knew the answers and I tried to explain it the best I could. Then we read an article about fun ways to learn English. I asked each student what their favorite way to learn English was. 2 students said they don't like learning English. The other students listen to pop songs, watch movies and read English books. One of the students asked me how I like to learn English. I didn't have an answer. I don't know. It's my first language so I don't really work at 'learning' it.

I wore my hair in a ponytail today and one of my students told me that I look younger when I wear my hair in a ponytail.

My 2nd class was okay. I had 2 new students. The new students don't seem too interested in class. It was their first day so...Today our lesson was on starting questions with when. They didn't do so well. I had to just tell them the answers. We went over it as a class, read together, and then practiced with a partner. Then we read the article about fun ways to learn English. We worked all the way up to the end of class.

The 3rd class was okay. It was my newspaper class. 2 of the boys were 10 mins late to class. Then there is the student who comes in right near the end of class. He didn't really pay attention. He just sat there and ate his raymeon. A few of the kids were actually paying attention. The 2 boys who were late kept talking to each other and writing notes to each other during class. We listened to the articles, then read together, then answered questions. They couldn't find the answers so I just gave them the answers. The boy who came in at the end of class threw his paper away. Right after class was over he just ripped it up and threw it in the trash. I told him we had a test on Thursday. He just acted like he didn't care. I had enough articles to last the whole class. This week's articles were: A dog cashier, a baby born in a Kia, brad and angelina love to help people, and a story about students being unhappy at school bc of verbal abuse from teachers.

My last class was good. We went over 2 lessons in the book. We talked about smoking and the handicapped. They did a good job. I let them draw on the board after the lesson. The boy drew an atomic bomb. One of the girls kept writing my name over and over.Then we played hangman for the rest of class. The boy's first word was "nuclear". I think he likes bombs. hehe.

No comments: