Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 70

Day 70 Feb 25, 2009 Wed

Wow its been 10 weeks. 52 more weeks to go. I really wish it were less!

I received a card from one of my friends in Rock Hill from my Homegroup. It was sweet and thoughtful. I'd love to receive more mail. Mom sends all kind of stuff. Im going to send her a package soon. I'll post my new address once I move.

I've been eating out a lot lately at Fast food joints. mainly burger king. I know its not good but Im tired of making the same thing over and over (rice, hotdogs,hamburgers). I miss all the foods I like. I miss having an oven and a microwave. I miss grits, sweet tea, cupcakes, birthday cake, little debbie cakes, mac and cheese (I havent seen any over here!),chicken patties, corndogs, pancakes, real mountian dew, bread that doesn't taste funny, and totinos pizza. I hate not being able to cook for myself!! I can't really buy much because I don't know what it is and I can't read the directions on how to cook it. I can't wait to come back to America and eat real food again!

I got a call from the guy at the new school. He's the person in charge of the foreign teachers. He reminded me that we have to meet on Saturday to sign the contract. He was asking me when my last day at the school was. I told him Feb 27 and he said the director of my school said March 4th. What? Why do I have to be here till march 4 if my classes are over on Feb 27. I still don't know when my visa will be cancelled. I'll try to ask my foriegn liason when my last day is. Communication is so hard over here. No one understands what I'm trying to say.

I start the new job on March 2nd and I havent heard anything from my recruiter. I don't know when Im officially supposed to move in.

Today was a normal day of class. I finished the book out for all of my classes today. The book has 20 units and today was the last unit of the M/W classes. Tomorrow is the last day of the Tues/Thurs classes.

My troublemaker was absent today. Its like night and day when he's not there. I didn't have to yell one time. They were well behaved and no one spoke Korean. I saw on the attendace that he will be absent on Friday also. Kinda sad I didn't get to say goodbye and take a picture. Yes he was a pain in the you know what but he was a good kid when he would be good (which was extremly rare). I think he has great potential. His speaking/reading skills are good. He actively participated. Sometimes he wanted me to call on him for every question. I told him we need to give the other students a chance too.

Every single time I have people who forget their essays on the day they are due. I think 4 students in my 2nd class didn't bring theirs. Then some of them don't understand my markings. They got a sheet at the beginning of the semester that told them what the correction markings mean.

My 3rd class has no imagination. In our workbook exercises we were creating our own underground town. Their town could have any kind of buildings. the sky was the limit. Some of the examples in the book were a chocolate playground and a library with edible books. I was giving them a chance to think up crazy things and they were having the hardest time. They took a long time and their ideas weren't that great. One guy wouldn't even write anything.

I didn't have my 4th class because my student was absent. So I just played around on the internet and graded essays. I hate sitting around till 10pm.

I packed a little tonight. I don't have too much more to do. Friday night I need to do a through cleaning.

2 more days of classes.

I've got to remember that I owe the school 50,000 won for some deposit at the apartment. Something that we have to pay but don't get a bill for. I also need to remember to collect the money that one of the foriegn teachers owes me cause I'm a dummy who let someone borrow money.

Last week I watched the whole season 1 of Scrubs. This week I'm working on Season 2. Im up to episode 5 of 22. I'm trying to watch it from the beginning. Oh and I need to stay caught up on Season 8. I've seen all of the new episodes except for the one that would have came on this week.

The woman who had the octuplets has been in the news numerous times in the past month. I'm tired of hearing about it. How is an unemployed single mother going to raise 14 kids? When I was unemployed I could barely support myself and I didn't even have that many bills. She has 14 extra mouths to feed and bodys to clothe. how?

Another plane crashed today. A Turkish plane crashed in Amsterdam. Last I heard 9 people were dead and 50 were injured. There have been a lot of plane crashes recently.

No comments: