Wednesday, February 18, 2009

day 62 change in plans

Day 62 Feb 17,2009 Tuesday

I was reading an article yesterday and I found out that 4 people died on the Seoul subway on Saturday. Wow. One person jumped in front of the subway then another guy jumped on the track to save him and he got hit by another subway train. both died. Then the other 2 were either accidents or suicide attempts. Now Seoul wants to put up screens at all the stations so people can't jump on to the tracks.

I've been emailing this guy on Myspace. He lives in Scotland.He wants to come to South Korea to meet me. I don't know if he is just saying that or if he really wants to come. Why would someone come from Scotland to South Korea to meet me? If he was serious I told him we could meet in a public place. At least if I'm in public I will have plenty of people around and I might would bring a friend along just to have someone there in case he's crazy. I think its just a bunch of BS. I don't think he will come from Scotland to South Korea. That would be stupid and expensive! Maybe he's rich since he says he is an engineer. I don't know who to believe these days.

My package should be here tomorrow!! Mom sent me some jeans and some American potato chips. yum.

I got my phone bill yesterday. It was 99,000 won. wow.8,000 of that was tax. so I spent around 20,000 or so on downloading. You pay for the songs plus a fee for using the "music on" service. I knew it would be 60,000 but I can't believe it costed so much to download songs/ring tones. I downloaded about 6 songs and one ringtone. I really like my ring tone "Video Killed the Radio Star".

I think I might get out this weekend and go see that body exhibit in Nowan. Its similar to Body Worlds. I've been wanting to go for a while. I've got to go before March 1 because it closes then.

Today while I'm at school I get a text message from Andrew, a former teacher at my school. He says that my recruiter sent my resume to the school. He heard that from someone who works at the school. So I hadn't heard anything about this so I emailed my recruiter. I talked to him on the phone at night. He said that that school with the preschoolers was having financial problems so he wasn't going to send me there. I was getting exited about teaching preschool. I'm glad my recruiter is looking out for me. He sent my resume to Andrew's school and I have an interview on Saturday. At least I'll be reunited with my Carolina buddy. The first American I met in Seoul. Now I'll still be teaching elementary students during nighttime hours. I'll be closer to Seoul. It won't take so long to get to places on the Subway-thats a big plus.

One of the teachers asked me today why one of the pages were blank in the student's Friday activities. A parent wanted to know why we skipped that page. I told the Korean teacher that the students would get too loud if I put them in groups to do group work. I told her they are too loud all the time and I have to beg them to do their work on Friday.

I had to give vocabulary tests again today. I hate that it takes so much time away from my teaching time. I didn't get to the workbook exercises in the first class. They were ready to do the exercises but I told them we didn't have time. I took some pictures at the end of class. One student wouldn't let me take her picture and another student covered her face. oh well. I wanted to have memories but some students wont let me.

One student in my 2nd class didn't bring a pencil to class. I let him use my pen for the test and the activities. During the test he was clicking the pen. Another student took his test and folded it up and started to play with his eraser. I don't know why he had a blade. He was cutting up his eraser with a blade. Then another student tried to cut his eraser with a plastic ruler.

My middle school class wouldn't let me take pictures of them. I told them I was leaving next week and I wanted pictures but oh well.

I can't wait to download The Bachelor. I know Jillian is gone and there are all kinds of messages on the message boards about some shocking ending. And something about a private final rose ceremony. I don't know. I'll have to watch. Hopefully someone uploads it soon! I want to see what Deanna says to him in New Zealand and the fantasy dates.

I'm loving Season 8 of "Scrubs". I've seen every episode so far! I've also started downloaded episodes from the beginning. Tonight I watched Season 1 episodes 1-4

I'm also caught up on "Chuck".

I'm keeping up with most of my shows although I have no tv service and I'm not in America to see them. I have to download the episodes online through a bit torrent site.

No comments: