Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 50

Day 50 February 6th 2009 Thursday

Wow its been 7 weeks!

My recruiter called me today. I guess that means I got the job. I never had an interview but he said everything was ready for the new school. he just needs some forms from me. He will send me a list of things he needs from me.

We had a meeting with the person in charge of foreigners today. We are having a housewarming party on Saturday at 6pm. I'll be late to it because I already had plans. yeah we find out about the party 2 days before. they are going to hold it in our apartment building.

We've gotten 2 checks and so far they haven't taken out any deductions-no taxes, medical, pension. We asked the guy about it and he's suppose to find out for us. We don't want to have to end up paying it later. We also asked about a payroll stub. They don't keep records over here. wow. i need records for when I have to file back home. he's checking on that for us too.

We moved our desks around today. I moved over one. The elementary teachers wanted to be together so now they are all sitting beside each other.

1st and 2nd class we talked about Korean dance. 1st class was good.The 2nd class is always rowdy. they just wont be quiet. calling their parents doesn't help them to be quiet.I don't know what their problem is. In my 2nd class I don't know why a Monday/Wed student came to my Tues/Thurs class. He just learned the same lesson twice.

I got a break from 6:50 till 8:05.

My 4th class is good. 2 boys and 1 girl. they are all good and well behaved and always do their work. Today we talked about a food festival.

For the past few meals I have been eating the same thing and Im getting tired of it. Rice and fried cheese franks. I miss having an oven! I miss totinos pizza, corn dogs, and chicken patties! I don't know how to cook anything. I don't even know what half the stuff is at the store because its in korean! I miss being able to eat bread. I've tried their bread and it tastes funny.

No comments: