Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 51

Day 51 February 6th, 2009 Friday

Today was a pretty good day.

Today was our special Friday classes.

In my first class we talked about "I had a fight". We go over exercises in a book. They always work ahead. One boy came in late and then he was sleeping in class. I told the boy beside him to wake him up. So they had to write about a fight they had. A lot of them liked to talk about killing. 2 of them said they had a fight with their mom and they killed her.(not in real life). Another one said he had a fight with his friend and he killed him. I couldn't get some of them to read their stories out loud. One of them was begging for a puzzle but I wouldn't give them a puzzle until they completed their work. 2 of them gave me back the puzzle and said they didn't want to finish it. Some of the others just circled random letters and said they were done. One of them wanted me to spell psycho on the board. Then they wanted me to spell psychopath. don't know why. they wrote the words in their workbook. One of them wrote the words on his desk.

In my 2nd class we talked about a popularity vote. I had another new student today. I don't understand why people sign up 3 weeks before the semester is over.I get fed up with this class. All they want to do is talk. I'm up there giving the lesson and they are just talking like there isn't a class going on. I tell them to be quiet constantly. The normal troublemaker wasn't the person making problems today. He was actually good. He wanted to answer every question. I let him answer a lot of questions since half of the class wasn't paying attention anyway. I hate how they don't pay attention then when I go around to see if they are doing their work they arent and I tell them to do it and they say they don't know how. I have to keep going around the room to make sure they are doing their work. 3 of my students changed their names this week. WHY? Where do these kids find these names? some of them are weird. A lot of them are normal like bill, Brian, Arnold, Bradley, harry. Then I have others who want to be called Shollect and Hastia. I've never heard those names before. I told the troublemaker "Thank you for being good in my class today". I only gave a word search to those people who finished their work. I'm not going to give a fun activity to those who sit around and talk all class long.

Everyone in my class wanted to go to the bathroom. not everyone but about 4 or 5. I only let them go one at a time and I told them they need to go during their 5 min break. They sit in the room during their break then they ask me in class if they can go to the bathroom.

In the 3rd class we talked about "Mamma Mia: the movie", The Silk Road, and Ms Korea's Harvard story. We worked out of a student newspaper.

4th class was good. I only have one student. we went over the whole lesson, she did all her work and asked questions then I gave her a word search. We also just talked during that time about various things.

Monday we have to give final exams. Im confused. I only know what im suppose to do in my 1st class. I give them a dictation test. I say a sentence 3 times and they have to write it down. Then I have to give them a speaking test one by one in another room. I don't know what im doing for the other classes. I'll find out on monday.

Tonight I tried out a new pizza place. It was called Cho Sun Pizza. A regular size with 6 small pieces was 8,000 won. I got combination. I liked the corn salad that came with the pizza. Its kinda like macaroni salad only with vegetables and corn. interesting. The pizza was pretty good. I find it interesting how they put corn on pizza over here. I'd never seen that on combination pizza before. It also have onions, olives, and either ham or Canadian bacon.

Tomorrow I'm going to a Korean wedding. My friend Michelle invited me. that should be interesting to see the differences. Its a 2 hour ride on the subway to get there. we are leaving at 11am. The ceremony starts at 3pm. She said we'll stay there about an hour then leave. Maybe I'll be back in time for the housewarming party.

No comments: