Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 59 too much adventure for one day!

Day 59 Feb. 14, 2009 Saturday.

Ok so my days are out of order...day 58 will be posted shortly.

Its Valentine's day and I'm not celebrating. I'm all alone.

My day started at midnight. I arrived in Itaewon close to midnight. My friend, Andrew, invited me out to hangout all night long with him and some other people.

While Im walking out on the street in Itaewon trying to find Geckos some random guy comes up to talk to me. What is it with all these foreign men trying to hit on me?? Am I a foreign man magnet or are they just desperate and will settle? I hate their pushiness also. They don't even know me and they want to hangout and have my phone number. He was like can we be friends and can we hangout? He wanted my number but I wouldnt give it to him. He gave me his number. I'm in control. He can't contact me. I'm not going to call.

We started out at Gecko's Terrace. It was packed! lots of foreigners were there. We stayed there about 10 minutes or so. Then we headed over to Baby Guiness. We met up with my recruiter and andrew's recruiter and her boyfriend and one other English teacher there. We stayed there for a while. I hadn't had supper so I ate chicken tenders which were okay. I also drank a coke. I also had a shot of something. I don't know what it was called! I just sat around and watched people play darts and listen to a conversation on Canada vs. America. There was a canadian girl and a few Americans. We stayed there until the bar closed.

Then we headed over to Bricxx. Its a bar where they serve Hookah. They tried to get me to try the Hookah but I wouldn't. While we were there they got into some deep discussions about religion and other things. There were 4 of us involved. 2 Christians, an athiest and someone who isn't sure what to believe. They were debating all sorts of things like creationism vs evolution. I just listened. While we were there another canadian came up to talk to us. He's been in South Korea for about 3 years. Then he hung out with us for the rest of the night. We stayed at this bar till it closed.

Then we headed out to a place they call "hooker hill" to find more bars to go to. We went to a bar called Grand Ole Opry. A country bar. They tried jello shots. They also got a pictcher of beer. I took one sip. yuck. It was nasty! How do people drink that stuff?

We stayed there for a little while and I met another English teacher who interviewed to teach at Avalon at my school but she stayed with her school. She was really drunk and talked a lot. She was from South Africa.

THen we headed out to a bar called club Friend. I just sat and talked to the other english teacher while the other people played pool. While I was there another foriegn guy from Africa came up to talk to me. He just wouldnt leave me alone even when we were trying to scare him away by telling him we were lesbians..haha. We told him that we were getting married next week. he didnt believe it. He kept asking me if he could buy me a drink and I kept saying no. He just wouldnt take the hint. I wouldnt give him my number and he kept asking can we hangout and I said no. He was telling me "something about you just attracted me to you" and "the more you say no the more Im attracted"...What?? thats crazy. I stayed at the bar till it closed at 7am, by then my friend andrew had left me. He liked the girl he was with so they left together. He left his coat at the bar. The other english teacher knew him so she said she would take it back to him. That guy that came to talk to me just wouldnt leave. He said he wanted to "see me out". I said I want to leave by myself. Then he followed me out. He followed me and the other girl all the way to the subway. creepy guy!!

Then I got on the subway and headed home. I think I arrived at home around 8:30 or so. I went over to central tower to check out the movie showings. The movie I want to see is playing! Im going to see it today. THen I took a bus back to home plus and got home around 9am and went to bed and got up at 4pm. I slept good! I can sleep in the day or the night.

I saw that "He's Just not that into you" was finally playing at THC9. I wanted to go to the 6:10 showing. I had heard that bus 23 goes right to the subway so I decided I'd take it since the stop was right near my apartment. So I rode the bus for an hour before we made it to the subway. We got all the way to the end of the route in yangju and I was the only person on the bus then the route started over. The bus driver was talking to me but I have no clue what he said. He probably wanted to know why that idiot was on his bus so long! Being in a foreign country and not knowing the language always means there will be some sort of adventure to have. I wonder if all the koreans laugh at all the foreigners mistakes. I should have just walked further and gotten on the bus that I always ride which doesn't take that long to get near the subway. I missed the time for the movie. So I decided to go ahead and eat supper at KFC. I got the twister combo. It was good!

Then I went to amusing world and played phoenix darts and went to the PC cafe.

Then I finally got to see the movie at the 8:40 showing. I stood and waited for my number to show up. In this theater you wait for your number. There are 5 counters and one person in line at a time. You only go up when your number shows up on their screen. I showed them what movie I wanted and I got to pick out my seat. Then I got popcorn and a drink. Their popcorn/drink set is a good value. You get this huge drink and huge popcorn for 6,000 won which is less than $6 bucks. and the ticket to get in was only 8,000 won which is less than $8. In America you would pay $10 for the ticket and about $8 for a small drink and popcorn.

The movie was good. I liked it and it had a good cast. So many big stars in one movie. Ben affleck, drew barrymore, jennifer aniston, the guy from entourage, scarlet johanson. The movie just makes me realize how I'll probably never fall in love. I think I'll just have to face that fact. I think I just need a guy to sweep me off my feet so I'll quit thinking that all men are jerks.

I finally got to download this week's episode of "The Bachelor". now its down to 3 people. I can't wait to see next week's episode. Deanna comes back.

No comments: