Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 47 back to nights

Day 47 Feb 2, 2009 Monday

Today we are back on nights again. I work from 2pm till 10pm. I actually teach from 4:10pm till 9:25pm.

So this morning I went to bed at 2am and got up at 10am. I got my materials together for class and got ready then headed out at 1pm to go to the bank.

I had to go to the bank to set up a wire transfer to my bank account. Well I went in and got my number. You go in and get a number then wait for your number to be called. I waited forever and finally my number was on the screen. My number was 101. When I got there they were on number 90 and there were only 4 tellers avaliable. I got a person who didn't speak English so the woman who spoke English came by to ask what I needed. I told them I needed to send money to the USA and she showed me where to go. So I didnt need to wait in the long line. Well now I know. The man who is in charge of the wire transfers speaks English. I filled out all the forms and then found out I couldnt do it without my passport. So Im going back tomorrow to take my passport and the form I filled out. I dont carry my passport around anymore since I got my alien registration card. I asked the man if i would be able to set it up online and he said yes. So from now on I can send money home over the internet using online banking. I wanted to go the bank for the first time to set it up. I wanted to send 1,400,000 won which equaled out to 995 usd with the 1406 exchange rate. 1406 won=1usd. I think I will add a little to make it 1,000 even.

Well I was in the bank for an hour which made me late to school. but it doesnt really matter. no one cares that I was late. I ended up getting there 20 mins late. no one is checking to make sure we are there at 2pm on the dot.

When I got there I went into a room and I ate my lunch that I picked up from burger king and corrected my essays. I had one essay that was so bad I didnt even know how to correct it. It wasnt in sentences. It was tons of run on sentences with no punctuation. I can't rewrite the essay for them so I don't know what I should have done. I didnt know where one sentence ended or the next began. it was bad.

My first class was good. Today in class we learned about B-boys and breakdancing. We had a part in the workbook where you draw someone doing breakdancin moves. Some of my students are so silly. One of them drew a baby santa claus that was dancing (santa claus wearing a diaper). I had a new student in this class and he doesn't have an English name. He doesnt want an English name. All the students wanted to make him a name but he didnt want one. I dont know if he knows how to write his name or maybe he doesn't understand me. I asked him to write his name on his quiz but he never did so I looked on the roll and got his korean name and wrote it on his quiz. One of my students in my first class was crying for a while in class. I don't know why. I went over and asked him if he was okay but he didn't answer. Some of his friends tried to see what was wrong but he never answered them. He just sat there and cried.

My second class was rowdy. We talked about dafodils in this class.My problem child from the last class moved to the 2nd class. He was causing problems for some of the class. He lost his eraser so all during class he kept getting up and looking for his eraser. I kept telling him to sit in his seat but he said the eraser was very important. I think the other kids were getting annoyed. They kept saying something in Korean. I also had to keep yelling at the class to be quiet. They like to talk in between activities. I also had a new student in this class. so 2 new students in all in this class--one that moved from another class and a new student.

My 3rd class was good. All 3 students are very quiet and well behaved. We talked about school in this class. They learned how to use comparative nouns. We were talking about their schools. Who goes to the biggest school? Which class size is the largest or smallest, etc.

My 4th class has one student again. I dont know what happened to the little boy that was in this class. I heard he was moving to my 2nd class but he wasnt on the roll and he wasnt in this class. So this class is my best class. The girl in my last class is very well behaved and asks a lot of questions. I explained a lot of things to her today. We learned about dafodils in this class also. I think its good for her to get one on one attention. I feel she really wants to learn. Those boys were just causing tons of interruptions.

It was a lot warmer today. I was so happy for warmer weather! I didnt need my scarf or gloves. The high for today was +8 Celcius which is 46 F. at 11:40pm its +5 celcius which is 41 F.

Its suppose to get up to +10 a few times this week! Thats 50 degrees F!

No comments: