Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 68

Day 68 Feb 23, 2009 Monday

Annyeonghaseyo? Jeoneun Valerie-imnida. Jeo-neun miguk saram-imnida.

That says:"Hi how are you?, I'm Valerie. Im an American".

I downloaded a korean language program on the internet. It has a lot of lessons. I won't be fluent but I'll learn some. At least make an effort. How many people in the USA can actually say "I know Korean". Its not something they offer at every school like Spanish. It will be interesting to have that on my resume "basic Korean".

I was still awake at 4:30am! I finally went to bed and got up at 11am. I made it through the day without being tired!

Today I had to write a new comment for a student. The Korean teacher said he causes a lot of problems in her class so he got kicked out of the academy. I gave him a good comment because he is good in my class. She asked me to write a bad comment because his mom will wonder why he got kicked out if he got a good comment. So I wrote that he causes problems in my class, but he doesn't really. I was shocked when she was telling me that he causes problems because he is good in my class.

I filled out comments for my bad class today. If they were a troublemaker or liked to talk in class I wrote that!

Today my 2nd class was much better. I told them that if they didn't stay in their seat, weren't quiet, called other people names or spoke in korean they were going to detention. I had to send 3 of them to detention for speaking in Korean. THe students are jealous and they get upset with me when I won't send the troublemaker to dentention. When he acts up they say "send him to dentention" and I say "I can't". I can't send him to dentention he has another class to go to after that class. One of the people that I sent to dentention told me "my mom told me not to go to detention". I don't think my students went to dentention. I saw them leaving when they should have been going to detention.

4 more days of classes.

Wednesday I will only have 3 classes instead of 4. My student in my last class said she won't be at school on Wednesday. She is the only person in the class. I'm going to do her Wednesday lesson on Friday and we'll do our regular Friday lesson which is just a review anyway.

I found Oreos at Home Plus! It was a small pack. Not a whole pack but just one roll in a box. A package like that would sell for about 99 cents in a conveinent store in the usa. I got it for 850 won which is about 57 cents. They are good! That's the first time I've seen the regular ones at home plus. I also found some cheese crackers that are really good.

No comments: