Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 49

Day 49 February 4 2009 Wednesday

It was warm when I was walking to school today. I had to take off my coat! I'm liking the warmer weather. I can't wait for spring!

Today Im not eating out. i've got to save money so Im going to be eating all my meals at home for the rest of the week. I eat the same thing for every meal when I eat at home. Rice and hotdogs. I fry the hotdogs and cut them up and put them in the rice.

I went to school at 2pm. During my time that I have before class I set up all my bills on online billpay with wachovia. My wire transfer should clear in a few days. I've already allotted $744 of it to go to bills for February and March.

First class was good. Today we talked about Korean Dance. I knew the lesson would be too short so I brought a word search.

My second class was horrible!! Today we talked about Narcissus. I can't ever get all the students to bring their essays when they are due. 4 people didnt bring them in today. The troublemaker from my other class that moved to this class still causes trouble. I spend tons of time yelling at him. He will not listen. He was being very bad so I gave him daily bridge. When I gave him daily bridge the whole class clapped. They liked that I gave him daily bridge(detention). He is so mean. He was calling one of the students all kinds of names. The student that he was calling names told me that the troublemaker had an IQ of one. They really don't like him. Some of the students asked "can we hit him?". I said no. Im not letting them hit him although he needs it! One of the students said "I want to give him a roundhouse kick" and another student said "I'll give him the uppercut". Haha. At least they are using what they learned! They remembered those things from the class about kickboxing. Now this class is my worst class. I spend so much time trying to get this student to stop misbehaving. Then when he wont listen the whole class gets loud. Today it got so bad that I went to the next class and got a korean teacher to come over to the room to talk to them. She said a lot of stuff to them in Korean. After the teacher came over the students said "thank you". Before I got the korean teacher I was going to take him out of the room to the principal's office but he wouldnt get up. Then I went over to get the korean teacher. I wish he didn't have to be in my class, but he has to be in my class. There are 2 classes in his level and I teach both of them on Monday/Wed/Friday.

After classes were over his korean teacher asked did I give that student daily bridge. She wanted to know why. I told her all the reasons-he won't listen, speaks loudly, disrupts class, and called other students names. She said his mom called and asked why he had daily bridge. Then the teacher told me that I cant give him daily bridge (detention) because he has to go to another private school after that class. Wow..some of these students are in school all day long. They go to regular elementary school then they go to English school then to another school. So no matter how bad he is I cant give him detention. That is so wrong!! The teacher told me to tell her when he is bad and she will punish him next class. That doesnt help me much because I still have to put up with him during class.

My 3rd class is good. They are so quiet, but they do participate. I had a new student today. He moved from another class. He used to be in the 4:10 class now he is in my 6:50 class. Today we talked about a food festival. The lesson was short so I gave them a word search near the end of class.

My 4th clas has one student. Today we talked about Narcissus. The lesson is way too short with only one student. We repeated everything twice and took time to answer questions about vocabulary and we still had a lot of time left over. The last 30 mins of class I gave her a word search and she also talked about various things. She was telling me about her guinia pig. My student that was in this class moved to a class on Tues/Thursday.

No comments: