Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 286 "he is disgusting."

Tuesday Sept 29

Apparently the 'laundry engineer' came today, but the machine is still broken! And now I cant open the door. My clothes have been in there since Sunday. I'm running out of things to wear! I can't wash anything! Today I turned the machine on since they came. It ran for about 15 mins and then it stopped. I tried it again and it ran 15 mins and quit.

I gave speaking tests in my classes today. 2 students were absent so I'll have to make those up sometime.

My first class was good. I gave them time to study and told them about the test. They all did well on the test. After the test I let them have free time. While I was having class Johnny Depp came in the room to tell me that the 'laundry engineer' (everyone is an engineer in Korea) needed my code to get in my door so I gave my code to him. The girls in the class don't like him or they like to kid around with him. 2 of the girls kept sticking their middle fingers up and saying 'fuck you'. And he played right along with them and said 'fuck you' back. After he left one of the girls said "he is disgusting."

My 2nd class was good. I only had one student. One student was sick. I told him we were having a speaking test and gave him time to study. He said it was hard so I gave him some examples on the board. He did pretty good on the test. Then we went over 2 lessons in the book.

My 3rd class was the newspaper class. One of the boys came in late. Then when he was doing the articles he wasn't even reading them. He went straight to the questions and clicked through them really fast and got the answers right. I think he does it at home and memorizes the answers. No matter how much I tell him to read the article and quit going so fast he doesn't listen. Then him and the other guy like to talk instead of doing work. The girls were doing pretty good except they were using my class time to study for something they were doing in the Korean teacher's class. Some of the girls just rush through the questions without reading them and just guess at the answers. I just don't know what to do in this class.

My 4th class was good. I gave them their speaking test. They all did pretty good. Then we played hangman.

No comments: