Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 275 A drunk man was at my door!

Friday September 18

Well the day started with happiness and ended with frustration..

My package finally came today!!!

I tried on some of my new clothes. I don't like one of the shirts. It just doesnt fit right. One of the shirts is too long but I'm keeping it. I don't really like the skirt. Its black but its very sheer. The fabric is too thin. I could wear a slip but Im just not happy with the skirt. I think I'm going to return the shirt($10) and the skirt($20). I can exchange them for something else. I really liked one of the tshirts. Its really conservative and pretty. It was only $10. I might get 2 more of those.

My online newspaper classes went pretty well today. The students followed my rules and didn't listen to music, play games or visit other websites. I asked them to read it twice and listen.I hate it that in one class there arent enough computers. I also hate that all the students can't listen to the article. I don't think everyone reads it and some of them do try to do it too fast. That class is just impossible to manage. At least they followed my rules.One of the computers went off in the first class. We couldn't figure out why. I checked the plugs that were near the computer and they were plugged in. I found out after class that it was unplugged. It was plugged into a socket beside another computer and not one of the power strips directly in in front of the computer.

My last class was terrible as usual. I just don't know what to do with these kids! When I came into the class I told them they had 5 mins to study for their spelling test. (they knew about it since Monday so they had all week to study!) The boys weren't studying at all. They were just all playing around. One of the girls had her book open. Then it came time for the test. Then all of a sudden the boys wanted to study. I said no. I told them to close their books. Then they started trying to open their books and lay them on the floor or sit on them or put them in their laps. I made them put their books on the desk in front of them so I could see them. It took forever to take the test because they wouldnt stop trying to cheat. I kept watching them. I caught one of the boys opening his book in his lap. I took his test and gave him a zero. Then he takes out his book and tells me he is studying. I said 'you dont need to study. I gave you a zero'. They asked me "whats a zero?" I told them it was less than 1. I still don't think they understand!! I had to keep telling one of the students to quit spelling out the word. I'd call out the word and he'd start to spell it out loud. It took 10 mins to take a test that should have taken less than 5 minutes. None of them did good on the test. The highest grade was a 77 and the lowest was a zero. The next lowest was a 28. Its hard teaching students who just don't care. The boys act up all during class and I can't get anything done. Then they still expect me to give them a game. NO! One of the boys asked why they couldn't have a game. "because you are being bad." "you are going to be mean to me and expect me to give you a game" I yell at them all class long and they don't listen. They are constantly out of their seat and playing around. I basically just have to give them the answers because they won't do their work. I just put the answers on the board. here they are-write them down. The girls actually try to get the right answers. One of the boys tries a little. 2 of the boys don't try at all. I am so behind in this class. I was suppose to be up to page 24 today. I only got up to page 17. I assigned page 18 for homework. When class was over the Korean teacher came in the classroom. She asked about their behavior. I told her the boys were really bad. She asked "why didn't you punish them?" (I don't know what to do!) I didn't answer. Then she told me that the boss was watching me on the video screen. (we have video cameras in the classroom) The boss can watch the classrooms from his desk. Oh my. I'm being watched! Those kids are making me look bad!! She told me that on Friday she doesn't have class and if they are bad I could send them out to her. I'll definitely do that! It was funny when she was talking to me. There was one student who was sticking around to eavesdrop. She had to keep telling him to leave. He finally left after she asked him 3 or 4 times.

I seriously think that the boss doesn't speak any English. Anytime he needs for me to know something he tells the Korean teacher. All he ever says to me is 'hello' in Korean. Not even in English! And now I'm being watched. Oh my! I seriously don't know what to do with this class!! What can I do to discipline? I already punish them by making them work till the last minute of class and have no fun time! I know other teachers hit, but I really don't want to hit the children!! Its against my personal values!

Oh my...there was someone trying to get into my officetel! He had to be drunk to not know he was at the wrong place. I heard someone messing around with the door. Like leaning against it and touching it. Then I heard them trying to type in a code. The door won't open if you type in the wrong code so there's no way he can get in. I could see him on my screen. There's a camera outside the door. i can see who is outside my door. I kept pushing the button to look and I could see him leaning against the door. and he had that look of desperation of 'I forgot my code and I can't get in'. I thought he left cause I heard him walking away after a few minutes. Probably about an hour or so later I decided I wanted to go to the store. There was a pair of shoes in front of my door. Then I saw the man sleeping in the hall near the stairwell. I took a picture.


No comments: