Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 274

Thursday September 17

I redesigned my blog last night. I love change. I have to change the colors and the pictures often! The picture I have up is from Teacher's day in March. Best Samgyeopsal restaurant I've been to so far. It was in Gusan. I'd really like to go back there sometime. I just need someone to go with me! I can't eat the whole portion by myself! I really liked one of their side dishes. It was like a fruit salad. I ate 3 bowls of it by myself!! Its the only side dish I'll eat bc I'm not a fan of spicy foods. When I go to restaurants I always eat the salad. lots of salad.
_____________________________________________________________

Thursdays are actually one of my good days. Everything went very smoothly today.

Yesterday I took some of my students to Home Plus to get some snacks. My team leader told me that the kids were really happy that I got that for them.

My first class was good today. We went over a writing unit today. We were talking about questions and answers. They have to do an interview for homework. I'll get them to write their interview in paragraph form in next class.

My 2nd class was good also. When class started one of the boys showed me a magic trick.haha. Today we did one lesson on 'telling parts' of a sentence. They did really well and grasped the concept. I gave them a lot of examples. Then I gave them free time. I did what I was suppose to do and I gave a lot of examples and they showed me that they understood so I let them have free time. We also reviewed what we learned last time about 'naming parts'. At one point in class they were playing around too much and I made one of them move to another seat. He moved back later and they stopped playing around and just used their free time to carry on a conversation.

My English newspaper class today was good. The kids did what I told them to. They didn't try to listen to music or look at other websites. They read the articles and answered the questions. They still finished early so I got them to write the answers to the comprehension questions. I think I'm going to start making questions sheets to go with the articles so they can read and answer questions. I have to keep them occupied for 50 mins. Plus the question sheets will help me know if they are actually reading the article because they have to search for the answer.

One of the computers in the lab is going very slooooow. I don't know how anyone is going to be able to work on it tomorrow. It took forever to bring up a page and then it froze. Tomorrow is my class where I have 7 students and 6 computers. Now one of the computers isn't working well so thats another disaster.

My middle school class was okay. 2 boys were sitting in the back of the classroom listening to music. I kept telling the student to take out his headphones but he put them right back in. Those 2 students weren't participating in the speaking practice. I have 6 students in the class. 4 students who always participate and 2 who love to goof off.(these are 2 of the same kids I had trouble with when they were in my elementary classes) One of the students in the back of the room wanted me to listen to a song. I don't know what it was. It was a korean song. He also wanted me to hear another song. It was a Christian worship song "Here I am to worship". neat. We finished class 10 mins early and I let them leave 5 mins early. Next week we are having a test on units 1-3. Whatever they get on that test will be their grade in the class. I'm going to do a mixture of listening and matching. I've got some good listening examples in the book. I think I'll also make them write a conversation about describing what someone is wearing. There are some pictures in their book that they can describe.

My last class was good. We were doing a writing unit. We were talking about main ideas, details and paragraphs. They asked for a game. I told them I'd let them have a game after we finished a certain page. I let them have a few minutes of free time. They played hangman.

I've got a good weekend planned. I'm excited about the Asia Song Festival!! I get to see Big Bang, 2NE1, and Super Junior!!

On Sunday I may go to the beach! Its a long trip! Maybe I'll take some of my classwork with me so I can study while I'm on the 3 hour express bus.

No comments: