Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 277..China Town and Eurwangni Beach

Sunday September 20

China Town in Korea


Eurwangni Beach

(click on albums to see pictures)

More adventure...or misadventure...something always goes wrong everytime I go somewhere! All this misadventure and I always make it back home!! I'm glad i've never got stranded anywhere and not able to make it home!
I wanted to sleep in so I didnt actually get on the subway till 3pm. (I should have left a lot earlier!) I started at Eungam on line 6. I had to transfer twice. Once to line 2 and then to line 1. I was going all the way to Incheon which is the last station on line 1. It took about an hour and 30 minutes to get there.

When I got to Incheon I visited China Town first. Yes, South Korea has a China Town. As I was crossing the crosswalk this old man wanted to shake my hand. I just thought he was being friendly. Then he was trying to follow me around. He kept grabbing my arm and wanted to walk around with me. He kept talking to me in Korean. I kept shaking my head "no" and pulling away from him. I was standing right outside the entrance to China Town and people saw him bothering me and no one would even say anything to him. They just watched. I finally just started walking fast and he left me alone. I didn't think he was going to hurt me. He was just creepy. Probably drunk and excited to see a foreigner. I walked around for a while and took a lot of pictures. While I was taking photos a young korean woman asked me if she could take a picture of me with my camera.

Directions to China Town:  Line 1 (dark blue line) Incheon station...its a few minutes walk away from the station
Then I was going to go to the beach. I was at the bus stop forever! The bus I needed to take came around every 30 minutes. I waited for one but I missed it. I couldn't make it to the bus in time. Then the next one came and I found out I was on the wrong side of the street. A korean man asked me where I was going. I told him I was going to the beach. He told me I needed to go to the other side of the street. He walked over with me. He told me he just got back from Hawaii. He also told me that he got his master's degree in the USA. I finally got on the bus around 6:45 or so. It was beginning to get dark. At first I was the only person on the bus. Then another woman got on. It took a long time to get there! About an hour. I didn't know the beach was that far from the subway station. I'm glad I didn't get desperate and take a taxi! That would have costed a lot!

I went to Eurwangni Beach. I finally got to the beach around 8pm. It was a very small beach. It just didn't feel like a beach to me! One reason I love the beach is the smell of the saltwater. There was no beach smell. I walked around for a little while and picked up a few seashells. I took a few pictures.

Directions to Eurwangni Beach: Incheon International Airport (Airport Railroad), Gate 2A (1F).
Take Bus 302 or 306 and get off at Eurwangni Beach.

Then I decided to catch the bus back to Incheon station. I didn't know which side I needed to be on. I stood on one side and the bus just went right past me. Then I went to the other side and the bus went right past me again. Finally a bus stopped and me and 3 other people got on. It was getting late and I was scared i'd get stuck somewhere because of the long ride home and missing the last train.

I made it to Dongincheon station around 10:30 or so. It took me a while to find the entrance to the subway but I finally found it. I had a long ride on line number 1. 20 stops. While I was on line number 1 I met another foreigner. A guy-29. I'm not exactly sure what nationality he is. Definatly not American. I didn't ask him. We didnt talk for long. We talked briefly and exchanged phone numbers. Later, I had to transfer to line 2 to get to Hapjeong. Then I had to transfer again to get to line 6. I was so scared I wouldn't make it. The trains usually stop around midnight. I didn't get on line 2 until 11:45 or so. Then I made it to the transfer station. It was madness. It was funny seeing everyone running to get to the last train. I made it to the last train home!!

When I got home I ordered McDonalds delivery.

I washed a load of clothes when I got home. I splurged and bought some expensive Downy fabric softner (@$8). It smells so good. It was worth the investment. All my clothes have a nice floral smell.

The weekend is over...yuck..back to school!

No comments: