Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 282 Be Good or Be Gone

Friday Sept 25

Lately I've really been liking this song: "Be Good or Be Gone" by Fionn Regan. I've never heard of him before. I hear the song often on a Bean Pole(South Korean clothing company) commercial.

My first class was good. I gave her a spelling test and she made a 50. Then we covered a few pages in spelling. We played hangman for a few minutes.

My 2nd class was in the computer lab. My new student was absent. Same old problems as always. 7 people. 6 computers. Students want to listen but there are only 3 headphones. Then they are trying to do other work in my class. They are learning "Do Re Mi" from Sound of Music in their other class so they are all trying to look and listen to it. Near the end of class they were all singing it. I was helping one boy with the words. They did the articles and didn't visit any other websites. The students love to tell me that I'm thin. I think its funny. One of the students said she saw me when she was with her mother and her mother said I was beautiful.

We didn't get anything accomplished in my 3rd class. They were suppose to be doing the online newspaper. One of the boys got his pants caught on the chair. There was a metal button thing on the chair and somehow his pants got caught under the button. Then he ended up cutting his pants with scissors and then he had a hole in his pants. They spent all class trying to fix the hole and not doing their work. They finally ended up taping a piece of paper over the hole. One girl actually finished her work but the boys didn't get anything accomplished. I was yelling at them to do their work.

In my 4th class the 3 boys were 10 mins late. They went to Home Plus and I'm just standing in the class waiting for them to come so we can do our test. Then the 3 boys told me they didn't have their book. Why don't they bring their book to class?? so I had to make copies. While I was making copies the Korean teacher was talking to them. Probably telling them to behave. During the test one student still likes to spell out the word. I keep telling him to quit. Then another student keeps getting out of his seat to ask me if he spelled it right. We covered a few pages in our spelling book. Their behavior was better today. They weren't out of control. They had a few mins of free time at the end of class. They asked for a game. I told them they could play hangman because the 'ghost game' was too loud. They didn't play a game. They had about 5 mins because it was too late in class to start anything new. They do really bad on their spelling tests. I can tell they don't study. 1 girl made a 91. One of the boys made a 77. The other two boys made a 14 and a 42. (There are 15 words so 7 points a piece). If they would study they could do good. I have them on Monday and Friday for spelling so they have plenty of days to study. The words are pretty easy. After class the Korean teacher asked about their behavior. I told her that they were better.

The students are saying that one of our students has swine flu. She missed this whole week at the academy.

I bought some hand sanitizer this week. I've been using it a lot after classes and when I get off the subway and anywhere where I would touch something that a lot of people touched.

I've been texting or talking on yahoo messenger with the guy I met on the subway on Sunday every day. He has texted me every single day. We've also been talking on yahoo messenger after work. I'm going to meet him tomorrow. He lives near Incheon which is about an hour subway ride. We are going to go to Wolmido Island in Incheon.

Tomorrow is the Mass Freeze in Seoul! I'm excited. On the event page on Facebook over 400 people marked "yes" as attending. We will be freezing in place for 5 minutes at the COEX mall. I think its just something interesting to be a part of. It will probably end up on YouTube like all the other freezes that people have done all over the world.

No comments: