Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 258-1 class, 1 student, no books

Tuesday September 1st

About 10 mins before class starts The new Korean teacher asked me if I had a copy of the schedule. I didn't. She told me I had to teach a class from 2:50 till 4:00. We still don't have books. I just made a copy of a lesson from another book that I used last semster.

Why don't we have books? How could a school be so unprepared?

I only had one student in the class. It was my youngest student and she is in one of the lowest levels in our new program. Today I did a lesson out of our "welcome to america book" that I used for my 2nd lowest level last semester. We did a whole unit about body parts and characteristics like hair and eye color. She did a good job. We studied for 40 minutes and she asked for a game so i let her take a bathroom break and then we played a game for the rest of class. We played the English word game.

And I don't have any more classes for the rest of the day.

I just sat at my desk for 5 hours and basically did nothing. I played video games. I planned for my conversation class tomorrow. It was really boring and I was in a daze. I brought my supper to school but I went out to Mcdonalds anyway just to get out for a few minutes!

No comments: