Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 271...

Monday Sept 14

In my first class I had to teach spelling. Today's lesson was a review unit. She has a hard time trying to find out how to fill in the words into a paragraph. She does good on the spelling part.

In my next class we talked about makeup and household chores. In the 3rd class we talked about "what do these signs mean?", "What do you say?", and "When do you say...". We had a pretty good class in both of those.

My middle school class was moved to another room because the room was hot and the AC wasnt working properly. The students told me about the switch before class. I had one new student in this class. Now I have 12 students in my middle school class. My biggest class. We were talking about giving directions. The middle schoolers don't seem to care about learning. They talk during class, won't speak to their partner, won't fill in the answers, and seem to have a hard time finding the answers. All they had to do was look at a map and write what street the building was or tell if the building was near, next to, far from, etc from another building. I think its just apathy. Plus they all seemed occupied by studying for their vocabulary test. There are a few students who put forth the effort, but most don't even seem to care. All I can do is try my best. If they want to learn they will learn and if they don't well its not my fault. I'm going to give them a test on the units we have covered so far at the end of the month. I'll make it part listening and part matching. Maybe some fill the blanks on what someone would say in a conversation. Whatever they get on the test will be their grade for that class.

My last class was still bad today. They kept getting out of their seat and begging me for a game. I didn't let them play a game. They begged and begged and begged. I just don't know what to do with this class. They don't care for learning. they just want to play games. I have to teach them spelling! They didn't do their homework so I made them write the words 10 times each. 15 words-each 10 times. They kept complaining about their hand hurting from writing. If you are going to be bad constantly then you are going to pay! We still didn't get finished with what I needed to accomplish in that class for the day. We'll just have to cover more on Friday.

I saw the teacher's assistant making copies of a teachers edition for the Korean teacher. Its not fair that she gets a teacher's edition and I don't! I just have to BS my way through my classes! I guess we'll just have more game time this semester!ha.

No comments: