Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 263

Sunday September 6

I'm having a bit of a crisis. I was invited to a BBQ hosted by my former recruiter. It's been a long time since I've seen him so I thought it would be great to go. Now I'm having second thoughts.I am so stressed out with this new semester at my school. I have seriously got to do a lot of planning just to make it through this week. Part of me really wants to be there, but there is a part of me that wants to be antisocial and doesn't want to take the time to travel 30 minutes. I'll probably just end up sleeping in and doing a lot of preparing for my classes. I have to come up with so many extra activities just to have something to take up time in class. I'll admit that I have no idea what I'm doing. They think I'm competent enough to just know what to do without any instruction, but I'm not a trained teacher. I don't know what methods work. I don't know how to just pull a lesson out of a hat and present it in a way where the kids can understand. If I at least had a teacher's guide I'd be better prepared.

It was so much easier last semester. The books that I was teaching out of were well written and had a lot of activies and were easy to make homework for or just print out homework from the homework book. The books I have this semester have such short lessons and I don't know what I'm doing!

5 months and 2 weeks of actual teaching left. (24 weeks) 176 days(or less) and I will be in America!!!!!

Today I slept late, made lesson plans and went grocery shopping at E-mart. That's it!

I hate making lesson plans. One of my lessons is going to be really short. I don't know how to make it longer. There is a picture of a police officer and some questions. I made up a few more questions. The next lesson is a picture of a hospital and some questions. I also made up some more questions. Maybe I'll just give them a word search for the extra time. I don't know what else to do!! I hate these new books! I have no guidance whatsoever. Why don't I have a teacher's guide?? WHY!!! Just a picture and about 5 questions. I'm going to have them ask the questions to their partner.

No comments: