Saturday, May 3, 2014

Sending Documents to Korean Consulate

I got my Visa today!!



What documents do you need to send to the Korean Consulate? (After you receive Visa Confirmation Number) (They will attach your Visa to your passport at this stage in the process)

This is a list of the documents that you need to send to Atlanta if you live in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. If you live in other states check the consulate website for your area.

US Residents working for a private academy (Hagwon) (living in the Atlanta Consulate Jurisdiction)

Visa Application Form
Valid Passport
1 Passport Photo
Confirmation of Visa Issuance Number
Copy of employment contract (does not need to be signed by the employer)
Non US citizens must also submit: a copy of valid US permanent resident card or valid U.S. visa and I-94 (F-1/2 Visa Holder; I-20, J-1/2 Visa Holder; DS2019)
Visa Fee ($45)(money order)**no credit or debit

Actual Visa Costs (from Korean Consulate)
Visa cost $45
Priority mail flat rate:* 5.75 (x2)

Total Cost: $56.50

*If you are pressed for time You should use Express mail which is around $20 (I'm not in a big rush so I used 2 day mail)

Mailed on April 22, 2014 using USPS 2 day priority mail. Arrived at the Korean Consulate on April 24, 2014. Received on May 2nd by USPS 2 day priority mail.

Visa was processed in 4 business days.

Total time from when I put in the mail till I received in the mail: 11 days

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, did you receive any email about they have receiving your documents balabala .? I mailed them but still have no massage back .

Valerie Knight said...

They never emailed me about receiving documents.