Sunday, May 18, 2014

My first full day in Korea

5/17/2014 Saturday

I woke up around 8am and got ready. Today the boss was going to show me how to walk to the school from her house. We left the house at 10:45. It was very simple and a short walk. After I left the school I made it back with no problems.

I found my way to the subway by myself. I actually took the long way. There was a road that would have taken me straight, but I found another, longer way.

Today I was going out to explore Seoul and meet my new boyfriend. I had to transfer to line 2. line 2 subway was packed. We could barely move!

I tried something new today. For lunch I had tuna salad toast in Hongik station. (and I ordered in Korean). It was really good. Toast in America and toast in Korea are 2 different things. I should have taken a photo. This was bread with tuna salad filling.

I was meeting my boyfriend at 4pm in Seoul. Before I met him I decided to explore a little. I went to Gwanghwamun and made some videos and took photos. Then I went over to Cheonggyecheon to relax for a while. There were tons of people at Cheonggyecheon relaxing by the stream. There was also some special event going on. I think it had something to do with the Sewol accident, but I'm not sure. There were tons of police buses at Gwanghwamun and Cheonggyecheon.

Photos: https://plus.google.com/photos/106518880659515557565/albums/6014606129488634721
https://plus.google.com/photos/106518880659515557565/albums/6014605522397448561
https://plus.google.com/photos/106518880659515557565/albums/6014607037764215201

I was suppose to meet my boyfriend at 4pm. When 4pm came I couldn't find him anywhere. I think meeting at such a large space wasn't the best idea. There were so many people around. I was actually able to connect to Seoul Wifi. Seoul Wifi is really neat. Just connect out at the stream. I called him through an app on my ipad. We finally found each other. He told me he had messaged me on Facebook to change the time to 4:30. I had emailed him earlier that day from the school. I didn't have access to the internet so I didn't know. He didn't know that I didn't have a way to access the internet. But it was all good. We found each other!

It was so good to meet him. He looked really nice. It was hot and he was wearing a suit and tie. I was dressed up too. I was wearing a nice dress. First we went walking around Cheonggyecheon. Then we went to a dessert shop and got patbingsu and lemon ice tea. It was really good. That was my first time trying patbingsu. I should have taken a picture. Next we got into his car and went out to eat. We went to a restaurant that is famous for ramyeon. Driving and parking in Korea is crazy. He is a good driver.

The ramyeon at the restaurant was so spicy. My mouth was on fire. At one point I actually choked on the noodles and they came back up. My boyfriend was so worried about me. He gave me some napkins. I didn't want to spit it back up but I didn't have a choice. It was coming out! I think I tried to eat too much too fast. He wanted me to stop eating, but I ate some more. I didn't finish it though.



Next we went walking at Naksan park and we stopped to take a few pictures. Then he drove me home. When we got back to my boss' apartment he wanted to buy some things for me. We went to a small convenient store and he bought me some grape juice, cola, some other juice and some ice cream to take home with me. How sweet. I like him and he seems to really like me too.

I need to find some new comfortable shoes. I wish I could wear tennis shoes, but those wouldn't go well with a dress. I need something that is like Dr Scholls, but more fashionable. I wore flats today and I have 3 blisters!

No comments: