Thursday, May 29, 2014

Health Check...


Today I had to meet my boss early to go to the hospital. All teachers have to have a health check before they can get their alien registration card. I had to get my eyes, ears, height, weight, color blindness, teeth, height, and blood pressure checked. I also had to talk to a doctor who asked me various questions like: do I have allergies, have I ever had surgery, Have I ever had any illnesses, etc. I had to get a chest x-ray, drug test (urine) and blood test (test for AIDS). The dentist said I had small cavities between my teeth (they have a dentist in the hospital). I'll go to the dentist after I get paid and get my insurance. I'll have to see if I really have cavities. I remember my first time in 2008 they told me I had 3 cavities. Then I got checked 2 months later and I didn't have any. We were at the hospital for about an hour. The results will be back in about 4-5 days. Then I have to go back to the hospital. Then I will go to immigration to apply for my alien card. The examination costs about $100.00.

My first class was good today. We study phonics. The other teacher told me to let them have a cooking class on Tuesday because they finished their book. (We just started a new book). Tuesday we will be making pizza.

My 2nd class is a complete disaster! I don't get anything accomplished in this class. The 3 young boys (age 7) are constantly being naughty. I keep telling them to get in their seat, but they are laying and standing on the desks. I think class today was a complete waste of time. They do not understand the material. I was trying to review for the test tomorrow. I just gave them the answers. I made them an easier version of the test for tomorrow. I wrote the words out but left out missing letters. I don't know how the test will go. After we reviewed I let them play hangman. One of the boys was crying because they wouldn't let him have a turn. This class is going to drive me crazy! I'm going to have to tell them in the meeting that this class is too hard for them. I can't teach them anything because I spend all class trying to get them to sit in their seats.

On Sunday the guy I met in McDonalds is going to show me around. It will be good to have someone show me where stuff is. If I venture out on my own who knows where I will end up.

I think its going to be a difficult year. Maybe things will get better. I don't know. I think I have bad luck. I had one great job in Seoul and nothing else can compare.

 Is it time to start counting down the weeks? Tomorrow I will have completed 2 weeks.

2 weeks down....48 left to go....(I subtracted 2 weeks for vacation)


No comments: