Tuesday, May 20, 2014

2nd day of training

Today was my 2nd day of "training".

We had to go in early today at 12:30 pm for a meeting. We will have the meeting every Tuesday. In the meeting they talk about the classes and how the students are doing. The meeting was over an hour long. I was just listening and the boss gave me a writing paper to correct.

I think my Tuesday classes will be good. I did notice that my first 2 classes are very active.

My 1st private class will be good. I have an adult student. She reads a book and I have to ask her questions.

I was going to teach the 2nd private class on my own today (I was watching the other classes), but it was a major fail. My student was at a really low level. He didn't understand anything I was saying and I was just asking very basic questions. He will be working with a Korean teacher now. I didn't even know where to start with him.

I didn't have my 3rd private class today. He was away on a business trip. He is a CEO of a company and his English level is very high. I've heard that he is very talkative and he just wants to improve his English. That class shouldn't be too hard.

I am nervous about teaching on my own starting tomorrow. I will have phonics, spelling, speaking, and reading.

I still feel a little lost. It will take time for me to be completely comfortable. I'm still new and learning. Its kinda weird coming in at the end of a semester and trying to finish up where the previous teacher left off.

My boyfriend told me he was sick today. I wish there was something I could do for him. He sent pictures of himself in the pharmacy and at the hospital. Today I told him I wanted to see him this weekend, but he has to work. I don't know when we will see each other again. We only live about 10 miles away from each other, but it feels like a long distance relationship because we are both busy. He works 3rd shift and I work 2nd shift so we can't really see each other during the week. We can't even see each other this weekend because he has to work. I really like him and I want to see him more often. I guess I will be going to events alone this weekend. At least we chat to each other every day. He is good about keeping in touch. We just make small talk during the day whenever I have a break at work.

No comments: