Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Met another foreigner today...

I met another foreigner today at McDonalds (there aren't many around this area). He's been in the area for 2 years and knew some of the people who used to work at my school. He gave me his email if I want him to show me around. I might take him up on that. I need to learn where everything is. I haven't gotten out and explored yet. I stay in my little area.

I've been eating at McDonalds too much lately. I just don't really know what I want to eat. I need to cook for myself, but I don't really know what I want. Its tough not being able to get things that you would eat on a daily basis.

Today I just didn't feel like getting out of bed. I was tired! I got about 7 hours of sleep. I got up and then stayed up for a few minutes and then laid back down for 30 more minutes. My bed is more comfortable than the other beds I've had in the past. The bedspread is nasty! It looks really old and stained. I still used it last night, but today I washed it. When I get paid maybe I'll buy me a new one.

There are 3 business in my area being completely gutted today. Business go down fast around here. Its here one day and gone the next.

My classes were good today. My first 2 classes are elementary students. We finished our lessons early and played a game. I think my other class is a middle school class. They didn't really grasp the idea of main idea in reading, but I don't know how to make it easier for them. Teaching these classes is a little bit harder than my classes I've had in the past. I'm not very confident in my teaching ability. I've got to come up with more ideas to help them understand and to make the material last longer.

I have to write out a 3 month curriculum for a cooking class. I've got to do a lot of research to find topics to talk about!! Its hard making your own lessons!

The boss also wants us to find a way to make the middle school classes interested. Their parents say they are bored. The other teacher expressed his concerns that they just don't care. They even sleep in the boss' class. I don't know what to do to make them interested. Most of them aren't there because they want to be there. Starting next week our schedule will be changed and we will be helping the middle school students prepare for their final exam.

I wish I could just teach elementary students. That is my favorite age. If all of my classes were as good as my first 2 classes today then I would be very happy!

I skyped with my nephew tonight!! My sister may get on in the morning.

No comments: