Sunday, May 18, 2014

Shoe shopping

5/18/2014 Sunday

I went to bed last night after 1am. I actually woke up feeling rested at 6:45am. I just laid in the bed for a little while and then got up.

This morning my boss' dad knocked on my door and he had some bread in his hand. They wanted to make breakfast for me. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but I ate it anyway. She made me some bread on the stove and put cheese on it. She also gave me an apple.

Today my coworker invited me to go out with her and 2 friends to go shoe shopping. We went to Payless at Times Square Mall in Yeongdeungpo. We took the bus and the ride was about 30 minutes. The bus takes about the same amount of time as the subway.

There wasn't a huge selection of shoes that I thought would be comfortable. I would like something stylish, but comfort is more important to me. I have to do a lot of walking in Korea and I do not want more blisters! I found a pair by a company called Predictions. They were on sale for 19,000 won which is about $19. The original price was 45,000 won ($45). The shoes have a comfort insole. I will just have to wear them and see how it works out.


It is so hot out! The current temp is 81 degrees at 6:34pm. I'm all sweaty and its only Spring. I am not looking forward to summer!

After shoe shopping we went out to eat at On the Border. I got a beef taco and a chicken enchilada. It was good. Then I headed back to the apartment.

I start training tomorrow! I'm going to ask a ton of questions. I shouldn't be too worried. They seem to be really laid back and I don't have to follow a strict curriculum.

No comments: