Saturday, May 31, 2014

a little better, but not much...

Today was a little bit better, but not by much.

In my first class we had a spelling test. They did pretty good on it.

My 2nd class was a little better than yesterday, but still bad. We had a spelling test in this class. One student got all of them right. The other two boys did worse. Plus one boys was telling the other ones how to spell them. One of the boys was whining because he didn't know the answer. I'd call out the word and he would say "I don't know" in a whiny voice. I gave them the whole word list yesterday, but they won't pay attention. I just don't know what to do with this class.

In one class we talked about kitchen safety. (I don't really enjoy teaching a class about cooking topics). First I showed them a funny video about what not to do in the kitchen. They laughed at it. They didn't like the 2nd video. They said it wasn't funny. I couldn't find an interesting video about kitchen safety. The volume on my computer wasn't loud enough to hear. I had the volume all the way up but we couldn't hear it good. I played a movie in another class the other day and we could hear it good.

My middle school class didn't want to do their work as usual. 2 of the students were late again. They are late every single time. Then they won't even do their work. Its frustrating. I already told the boss about my middle school classes. She knows they are late and won't do their work. She told all of the teachers that we need to solve this problem. (I don't know the solution!)

The last class did better today. They did their work and then I gave them free time. They all got the answers right. All of these students were in my other reading class and they wouldn't work in that class. I have the same students for 2 reading classes in one day.

Its finally the weekend! I've completed 2 weeks so far. I hope the time goes by fast. I want my job to go fast, but I want time to go slow with my boyfriend so we can spend more time together. We won't get to see each other this weekend.

No comments: