Saturday, May 17, 2014

I'm in Korea!

I arrived in Korea on May 16th! My flights were good. My first flight from CLT to JFK started off rough. We had some major turbulance at the beginning of the flight, but it didn't last long. There was some light turbulance later in the flight. I purchased an hour of inflight internet and chatted with my boyfriend for a little while. I also posted on Facebook to let everyone know my current status. Everything was good and we arrived on time.

 At JFK the security line was so long and then I got to move to the expedited line-TSA precheck. It was nice. You don't have to take off your shoes or remove your laptop.

 The 2nd flight from JFK to ICN was delayed an hour because the plane was late. The plane was late due to heavy fog. We were suppose to take off at 1pm, but we didn't leave until after 2pm. The flight was good, but too long. This was the first time I had a middle seat. (I always get stuck by the window). I'd prefer an aisle seat, but that's almost impossible when a flight is booked last minute. There's never an empty seat on a flight to Seoul. It's always full. Long flights wear me out! The bad thing is that I can't sleep long on a plane. Its too uncomfortable sitting up and you don't even have room to move around. The 1st lunch was really good. There was a Western option and a Korean option. I chose the Korean meal which was bibimbap. Bibimbap is becoming one of my favorite foods! That's surprising since I'm not a huge fan of vegetables. (yeah I should eat more!) Vegetables mixed with rice is so good! I watched 3 Korean movies on the plane. One of them was called "Plan Man". Such a cute movie. (I'll have to do an entry about it!) Another movie was called "A Man in Love". It was pretty good also. I can't even remember the name of the last movie. We arrived in Incheon around 5pm (Korean time).

 After we landed I had to find a taxi cab. A man approached me shortly after I came out into the meeting area. I can't believe the taxi ride was so expensive! It was $150 from Incheon to Goyang! My boss is going to reimburse me. She couldn't believe it was so expensive. I don't know why it costed so much. I kept watching the fare and it kept going up and up. wow.

 The taxi took me to the place where I will be working. I met a lot of my new coworkers and watched one class. All the kids kept asking the current teacher if I was one of her friends. She told them I was the new teacher.

When my boss' class was over she took me to her apartment. I will be staying in her apartment with her and her parents for a week. The other teacher is still living in the apartment that I will be staying in. I'll move in when she finishes training me. When I got there I met her parents. They are nice, but don't speak much English. They talk to me in Korean, but I don't understand. The boss left me at the house while she went to teach her class. I ate some rice and cooked some eggs.

I went to bed early around 10pm. I was so tired. I slept good, but kept woke up a few times.

No comments: