Friday, May 23, 2014

2nd day of teaching..

Temperature: The high today was 79/low 57. The current temp is 63

I made it through my 2nd day of teaching alone. My first class were perfect angels. They did their work. They all participated. Their behavior was excellent. We finished early so I let them play a game. My 2nd class was the complete opposite. I don't even know how to teach this class. Basically I'm just giving them the answers because they don't understand. The class is 3 boys who are 7 years old. 2 of them are twins. They are so adorable, but they will not behave. They don't listen, they get out of their seats, they talk to each other. The other teacher said no one has been able to get them to behave. So basically, just deal with it. haha. The boys were leaning back in their chairs and one of the chairs and the desk turned over. He was okay. My first private lesson class went well today. I have an adult female student. We are reading the book "Frankenstein". In my class she reads and I correct her pronunciation. She describes what is happening in the story. If she doesn't understand then I explain it to her. She wants me to bring a story about baseball sometime. My reading class went well today. The 3 students in the class are well behaved and complete their work. My 2nd private student didn't come today. For his class I just have to talk to him for an hour. I'm going to have to bring a long list of topics because conversation is not my strongest ability!

The kids are warming up to me quickly. Some of the students like to come in my room and play a game on my ipad before class starts. One of the girls was asking me if I had a boyfriend. I showed the picture to one of the girls and then she called over all her friends to look. The boy asked me if I had a 'multi cultural family'. (he was calling me and my boyfriend multi cultural).

I found out that I won't be able to take over the other teacher's phone. They won't let me put the name in my account because I don't have my alien registration yet. Maybe I'll just get a prepaid phone. I don't use it much anyway. I also found out that I have to get a new bank account once I get my alien registration. My school uses KB bank. I'll close my IBK and make an account at KB. Well I guess I won't have to worry about my debit card running out next month since I'm closing my account. I should go soon and close it. I need to see if I have any money left in it. I know when I left I had about $1.00. haha.

No comments: