Saturday, May 24, 2014

I finished one week...

Today's Temperature: High 84/Low 57
61 degrees at 11:33PM

I made it through my first week! 1 down, 51 to go. (possibly more..hmm) I think I'm going to like this job. 90% of the students are well behaved so far. I only have one class that was really bad.

Today was my last day of training...now I am on my own. I still feel a little lost, but I'll get the hang of it soon!

All of my classes went pretty well today. The class that was really bad yesterday was really good today. Maybe it was because one boy was absent. The twin boys were so good today. We got finished early so I let them play a game. We played hangman with our new spelling words. They did a good job. In my cooking class I taught them about the food pyramid. 3 of my classes were reading classes today. I feel old compared to some of my students. I told one class that I was 32 and they couldn't believe it. Then one girl told me she was 13 and she counted how much older I was than her. I am 19 years older!! My youngest students are 7 so I'm a lot older than them.

I've got a few things planned for this weekend. I wish I could see my boyfriend, but he has to work. He doesn't have time to see me. It's been almost a week now. I don't even know when I will see him again. So I will be lonely this weekend. I'm planning on going to a North Korean market exhibition at Cheonggycheon. The products can't be sold, but they will be on display. The items were made in North Korea or made by a North Korean. There will be North Korean refugees at the event. I also plan to go see the Seoul Mayor's residence. It is open to the public until October.

On Sunday I'm going to check out my new apartment. The old teacher will still be there until Monday morning, but she has some things she will sell to me if I want them. If I don't then she will sell them to someone else. I finally get to move in Monday Morning! It will be hard moving all of my luggage by myself. I'm going to move half of it in on Sunday and half on Monday.  I wish I had some help, but I don't. I'm going to get up early and move in. I have a lot of things I want to do like wash clothes! I still have a few things to wear in the meantime, but I need to wash clothes! Plus I can finally unpack my suitcase. I have been living out of my suitcase for the past week!


No comments: