Wednesday, May 28, 2014

You hair looks very clean..

I chatted with my nephew again in the morning. I kept yawning while we were skyping. I don't know why I'm still tired after getting about 7 hours of sleep.

Its still taking me some time to get adjusted. It doesn't feel like "home" yet. I don't really like being far away from Seoul. Its only about 10 miles or so, but when you have to ride the subway everywhere it feels so far. I need to start getting out and exploring in the mornings. I need to start cooking for myself. I have been eating out all the time.

I like my first 2 clsses of the day. They are elementary students and they participate well. In the first class we reviewed for the spelling test on Friday and then we played a game. My 2nd class is younger elementary students and we work on phonics. We do about 3 pages and repeat things over and over and over. If all my classes could be like them I would be very happy!

I have one middle school class where at least 2 students are late every class. They always come in after we are finished reading and then they don't do the work that I give them. My other reading class is good. They participate, do their work and try to understand the book we are reading.

In my reading class one of my students told me that my hair looked very clean today. haha. Today I was lazy. I didn't want to wash my hair so I just put it in a ponytail.

My last class of the day just doesn't care. There are 5 students in the class and only 2 of them actually do their work. 2 girls sit at the back and talk. A boy just sits there and doesn't do his work. I keep telling those 3 students to do the work, but they don't listen. Everyone in that class is more concerned with their word test. I gave them a few minutes today to study for their word test. I just don't know what to do with that class. How do I get them to pay attention in my class?

Tomorrow I have to go get my health check at the hospital. They will check height, weight, ears, teeth, chest xray, drug test, and a blood test. I have to meet my boss before work to get it done. When the results come back I have to go to immigration to get my alien card.

My boyfriend has to work this weekend so I probably won't get to see him. I hate that I don't get to see  him that often. I enjoy being around him and I want to see him more often. He says he has to work 24 hours this weekend. I'm not really sure what he means. Surely they can't make him work 24 hours in a day.

I'm debating on whether I want to go to a spring festival this weekend. I was hoping that me and my boyfriend could go together. It's going to be a long trip. If I took the bus it would be almost 3 hours to get there and 3 hours to get back. I need to make up my mind soon, deposit money into my bank account and buy my bus tickets.

No comments: