Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Random thoughts about my blog....

This blog is really going to take off in about a month. For the past few years I haven't been posting regularly because I have been in America. I left Korea in February of 2010. I returned for a brief stay in 2011. I haven't been back to Korea in the past 3 years. I bet so much has changed!

Now that I'm going back to Korea I will be posting daily or multiple times in a day. I'll still keep up with popular music, movies, dramas, and news stories in Korea. I'm going to add a lot of new series such as Korean food, beauty, products, snacks, etc. I will be visiting new places, but also revisiting a few places so I can add videos.

I'm still thinking of a way to write my daily posts. Or if I even should write daily. Maybe I should just write if something interesting happened in that day. For my first trip I wrote every day and I would title it "Day 1: ...." and use something interesting from the day as a title.  (I was there for 438 days..yes I wrote daily!) For example, 'Day 300: Trip to Busan'. Now I'm not sure what to use as a title. Maybe I could title it "Round 3-Day 1: Trip to Busan". This will be my 3rd time going to Korea. The 2nd trip didn't turn out so well so I didn't blog about my negative experience. (Don't ask).I really don't want to revisit that topic.

There are some things that I'd like to keep up with in every post like the weather and the exchange rate ($1USD=? KRW). I like to keep up with those to see the trends. In 2009 the exchange rate fluctuated a lot. I remember arriving in December of 2008 and the rate was 1262. During 2009 the rate went all the way up to 1500! Right now the exchange rate is really low at 1039. It was never that low while I was in South Korea. The ideal rate is 1000, but the government will never let it get that low. I like to keep up with the weather so people can get a feel for what the day to day conditions are like during the 4 distinct seasons.

I have so many ideas about beauty, Korean food, attractions, etc. My video/blog list is so long! I might not get around to all of my ideas. If I do I am going to be a very busy girl!

When I see blogs about Korea it seems like everyone does the same thing. They talk about their school, their apartment, Korean food, tourist attractions, etc. I'm trying to come up with some things that I haven't seen 1000 videos about already. There will be a lot of the typical things, but also some less talked about topics. I'm going to work hard to think of some ideas.

I'm not sure what direction I want to take after I leave Korea. My Visa is for 1 year. I could end up staying 2 years if I really enjoy it this time around. I don't know how long I will continue to write after coming back home. There will probably come a point where I will stop posting and leave the blog up for information purposes. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

D-24!

No comments: