Sunday, November 16, 2014

Funnel Cakes in Seoul: Sweet East Dessert Cafe (Itaewon)



I am a member of a group on Facebook called "Seoul Eats". People post a lot of restaurant reviews in the group. The other day I saw a review of a restaurant that sells funnel cakes. The restaurant is called Sweet East Dessert Cafe and is located in Itaewon. I've never seen funnel cakes in Korea before. Funnel cakes are a popular carnival and festival food in America. Its been a long time since I had one. I wanted to go check it out before I left.

I ordered the banana chocolate funnel cake. It was a funnel cake with pieces of banana, white powder, whipped cream, pieces of almonds, and drizzled in chocolate. It also came with a scoop of ice cream. The funnel cake costed 10,000 won.

Banana Chocolate Funnel Cake 10,000 won


It was good. Afterwards I was so full because I had just eaten barbecue at another place. The funnel cake is a good size for 2 people, but I ate it all by myself.









Directions: Noksapyeong (Seoul Metro Line 6) Exit 3 (The station is the brown dot on the left hand side of the map)

Map:







No comments: