Tuesday, November 18, 2014

D-5

This was Sunday's post.....

Sunday I had to say goodbye to my church friends. We had a good time together. After church we went out to eat Korean food at NC Department store. Afterwards we went to the noraebang. I sang a few songs. My friends were so funny. 2 of the guys like to dance to k-pop songs. It was so funny. Some of my friends have nice singing voices.



After I left my church friends I wanted to see my friend who introduced me to them. He told me on Monday that he would be at church so I messaged him to see where he was on Sunday. He was at work. I messaged him later to see if he was finished with work. I met up with him in Yeouido. It was good to see him one more time. He was very opinionated that night. He was saying all sorts of weird things. He had been drinking before so maybe he was drunk. He was saying all kinds of bad things about his friends He was a little too comfortable around me on Sunday. I won't even talk about what he asked me. I'm still not sure if he was joking or if he was serious.



I don't know if I ever shared the story of how I met this guy. I'm not going to share any names, but we will call him A. In July my boyfriend broke up with me on our 2 month anniversary. I was lonely so a week later I was ready to get out in the dating pool. I am very adventurous so I decided to put up a dating ad on the personals section of Craigslist. I was specifically looking for a Korean man (I'm attracted to Korean men). I was looking for monogamous short term dating. A responded to my ad. He was a 26 year old who went to high school and college in America. He spoke perfect English so communication was no problem. I started talking to A on kakao. We talked on the phone for about an hour before we met in person. He really wanted me to come meet his friends at church to play sports on a Saturday afternoon in July.

I arrived to the station early. He was still on his way so he sent 2 of his friends to meet me at the station. I met him a few minutes later. That day before I left to go home one of his friends invited me to the Sunday service. A told me "I won't be there." (He doesn't go to church on Sundays) I decided to go anyway. I met a lot of cool people at church on Sunday. They were so welcoming and excited to meet a foreigner. I was the first foreigner to visit their church. Some of them said I was the first foreigner they had ever talked to. A few of them spoke English. Some were good at English and others were less skilled. There were a few people who spoke no English at all. I really enjoyed meeting them and I decided to go every week.

I had a lot of fun interacting with Koreans. The other times that I came to Korea I didn't really make Korean friends. I feel like they were true friends and very interested in communicating with a foreigner. They introduced me to Korean culture and some new foods I hadn't tried. We went out to eat every week after church. I always enjoyed going out with them. I went to that church for 4 months.

I only got to see A a few times. He came to church about 3 times in that time period. I'd still chat with him some on kakao and we spoke on the phone a few times. Although my original intent on Craigslist was to find a date, I ended up meeting some great friends through a series of events. Me and A never dated. I had a feeling that he was only looking for friendship. After spending time with him on Sunday I know that he wouldn't be a good fit anyway. Occasionally he would ask me if I had any single friends to set him up with.

__________________________________


No comments: