Sunday, November 16, 2014

D-6

I can't believe I'm leaving Korea in 6 days. I only have to work for 5 more days. I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'm happy to be going back home to see my family. I'm sad to leave Korea. Korea has become like a second home to me. I'm going to miss the friends I made. I feel like I made some true friends this time around. I have to say goodbye to them later on today. I have to say goodbye to my students this week. I think a few of my students might be disappointed that I'm leaving, but I think some of them won't really care.

I've had a great time in Korea. I've seen so many things. I've learned all about the customs. I've made Korean friends. I've learned some of the language. Korea really is a great place. I had a wonderful opportunity to live here for almost 2 years in total.

I regret that there was so much that was left undone, sights unseen, and there were so many foods that I didn't try. I did a ton of stuff, but there was so much that I wanted to do that I didn't have time to do it all. I wish I would have learned more of the language. I first came to Korea in 2008. I should be fluent by now, but I was lazy. Honestly, I don't like studying.

I'm not coming back to live here anymore. It's time to move on. Teaching English is not my calling. I should have realized that after a year, but Korea kept drawing me back in. I fell in love and I couldn't stay away! Now that I have a nephew I don't want to be away from him for long. We are really close and he sees me as a 2nd mother.

I'd really like to come back for the Olympics in 2018. I'm really hoping that I will have a chance. I know about it a long time in advance. When I find the right job I'll put in my vacation time as early as possible. I need to save up a lot of money for the trip. Hopefully I'll have time to spend a few days at the Olympics and a few days seeing some sights that I missed on my other trips. I hope I get to meet up with some old friends, too. So much will have changed in 3 years!

At this time next week I will be in the USA. wow. Time really did pass quickly! I remember when I started counting at 92 days! Now I'm down to 6!

No comments: