Sunday, November 16, 2014

American BBQ in Seoul: Linus BBQ

On Facebook I'm a member of a group called "Seoul Eats". A lot of people review restaurants in Seoul. I always see a lot of people recommending a place called Linus BBQ. I decided I had to check it out before I left Korea.
Winter M*A*S*H tent

funny: "If it goes in greasy, it comes out easy"

The restaurant is owned by a Korean who comes from Alabama. The owner goes back to the states regularly to train with the pros. He competes with a top 10 team in bbq cookoffs.

The BBQ is made in the Alabama style and is smoked "low and slow" with hickory and apply wood.

Its a very popular restaurant. I went on a Saturday night around 6:15pm. I was told there would be an hour wait. I decided to wait because I don't have time to come back any other day. I ended up getting a table after about 45 minutes. The place was packed and the waiters were constantly running around. It was definitely worth the wait! If you go on the weekend I recommend making a reservation.

I ordered the pulled pork sandwich (12,900) , crack tea(6,000), and fried okra(4,000). The sandwich comes with fries and slaw. I was excited to see sweet tea on the menu! Sweet tea is a staple in the south and isn't served in any Korean restaurants. I was also glad to see fried okra on the menu. I haven't had that in a long time. My mom usually makes it during the summer time.

The pulled pork sandwich was so good! It was tender and had a good flavor. The fried okra was good. The sweet tea was delicious. I liked that they had almost a whole lemon in it. I like lemon slices in my tea for extra flavor.

Crack Tea 6,000 won

slaw

The sandwich comes with fries and slaw (12,900)

Fried okra (4,000)

Pulled Pork Sandwich (12,900)

Directions: Go to Itaewon Station (Seoul Metro Line 6) Exit 4. Walk straight about 5 minutes till you see Mcdonalds on the left. To the left of Mcdonalds there is a staircase going down. Go down and straight through the building and out the glass door. That brings you right out to Linus.

Hours: Everyday 11:30-3:00, 5:30-10:00

Price: $$

No comments: