Thursday, October 9, 2014

The War Memorial of Korea (Seoul, South Korea)

Pictures: https://plus.google.com/photos/106518880659515557565/albums/6068190038157316145

Today was a holiday so I ventured out to the War Memorial of Korea. I've been wanting to go for a long time, but I never got around to it.

There is so much to see! I recommend allotting about 3 hours (or more) if you really want to go through the exhibits slowly and try to get a grasp of the history. It took me about 2 hours, but I didn't really stop to read all the signs. My photo album is huge and I deleted a lot of photos. There are a lot of planes, tanks, missiles, and weapons outside. There are also a ton of things to see in the museum inside.

I think its interesting to see all the relics, planes, tanks and other things about the war. It's a big part of Korean history.






If you want to read more about the War Memorial go here: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=268131

How to get there: Samgakji Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 1, 11 or 12.
Namyeong Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 1.

Closed: Mondays

Hours: 9am-6pm (last admission 1 hour before closing)

Admission: Free

No comments: