Friday, October 3, 2014

D-50......7 weeks left

I have completed 20 weeks on my 3rd trip to Korea.

I only have 7 weeks (and one day) left in Korea. I think I'm both happy and sad. I'm happy because I get to go home and see my family. Yesterday I chatted with my 3 year old nephew on Facetime. I sent him a package in the mail and it arrived. He opened it for me on camera. He loves it!

I'm sad because there is so much that I didn't get around to doing in Korea. I will also miss the new friends that I just made about 2 months ago. I have so many things on my Korea bucket list that I didn't get around to.

I only have 33 more work days. I have about 15 classes left of the classes that meet twice a week. I only have 7 classes left for the once a week classes.

I gave my notice 1 month ago. I think time has passed rather quickly since then.

I have my good days and my bad days at school. I have some classes that are really good and eager to learn. I have other classes where the kids just won't pay attention. My reading class this week was not good. They were loud and wanted to goof off all during class. We didn't finish the lesson so they have to finish it for homework. I think no one will do the homework. No one had their homework from last week in this class. This week in my phonics class a girl was crying. They like to be loud and talk all during class. There are 4 boys and 1 girl. The boys said something to make the girl cry. She called someone during class (parents?). Then another boy called someone during class. Then all the boys got scolded by the Korean teacher. They were little angels for the rest of the class. The girl in that class is always calling me 'fat teacher'. She says it in Korean. They know I don't speak Korean, but I do understand what she is saying. I have a guy in one class that always looks like he wants to start a fight with someone. He's always arguing back and forth with one of the guys in class. I keep an eye on him and tell him to stop before a fight breaks out.


No comments: