Friday, October 3, 2014

Korean Food: 떡만두국 (Dumpling Soup)

There's a restaurant on the first floor of my building that specializes in Mandu Guk. There are only 2 dishes on the menu. I walk past it every day so I decided to give it a try today.

It's a mild soup with no spice so its good for me. (I don't like spicy food). The dumplings are filled with meat and vegetables.

I got the tteok mandu guk. tteok is rice cake. (I love the rice cakes in soup!) The dish costed 7,000 won (about $7).

떡=tteok=rice cake
만두= mandu=dumpling
국= guk=soup



________________________________________________

I also got some ddeok mandu guk at Kimbap Heaven in my neighborhood on another day. It costed 5000 won (about $5)
Each place makes it differently. This place had rice cakes, mandu, onions, seaweed, carrots and an egg.







No comments: