Saturday, October 25, 2014

Spontaneous Meetings from POF

I've been on POF for a long time, but I've never met anyone that I've dated. I wanted to date while I was in Korea, but since I'm leaving I didn't really pursue it. I didn't meet the right person anyway. Right now I'm only looking for people to hangout with because I am leaving in less than a month.

I like meeting new people.There's no funny business going on. They know what to expect before I meet them. I meet these guys in public places and we only hangout. They will not be going to my house and I will not be visiting their houses.

In Korea my "dating" life has been pretty active. I've been on a lot of "dates", but I never dated any of them. I met the most people during my first stay in Korea 6 years ago. I've met guys from Facebook, Myspace, Craigslist, Tinder and POF. I have a lot of interested men here, but I've only met most of them one time. We just didn't click, but I've had fun meeting all sorts of people. I've never been scared to meet anyone here. I've never been in an awkward position where I felt threatened. I've only had good experiences so far. In the USA I don't have any luck. I haven't met anyone from any sites in the USA. I almost met one guy, but I seriously think he was a "catfish". I don't really have that much interest from guys in the US.

In the past month I was contacted by a few guys, but I only responded to 3 of them. 2 of them are Korean and one of them is American. They are all younger than me. The American is 23. The Korean guys are 27 and 28. Both Koreans speak English well. One of them has lived abroad in Canada.

The American guy wants to meet sometime, but we haven't made plans.

Today I met one of the Korean guys. We started emailing each other on Thursday I think. He asked me when I wanted to meet. I wrote to him on Friday and said "what about tomorrow?" He said it was okay. So we made plans on Friday night for Saturday morning.

We went to a traditional market, the valley of a mountain, an art museum, and checked out some events that were going on at Gwanghwamun. We also went to a cafe. We hungout for about 3 hours then we both went home. It was nice to meet someone new to see the sights with.

Tonight I'm meeting another guy. (2 in one day!) A guy emailed me saying that he lived in the same city as me on Friday night. I emailed him back and we found out that we live pretty close in the same neighborhood. We could visit each other within walking distance. He keeps telling me how he thinks I am so cute. haha. We started talking on Kakao talk on Saturday afternoon and decided to meet up tonight. We are just going to walk around the city......(well we were going to meet, but I don't know what happened to him. We were chatting on Kakao and all of a sudden he quit messaging. Maybe he fell asleep?)

No comments: