Wednesday, June 4, 2014

so much free time...

Today I only had 3 classes so I had a ton of free time. It does get boring trying to find something to fill the time. I've already planned a lot of my lessons for the week. I sat at my desk for over 2 hours and did various things on the internet like watch youtube videos and play song pop. Maybe I can finally read all those books I downloaded to my kindle.

Our schedule was changed for one month so now I have a few less classes. They changed the schedule since the middle school students are preparing for final exams. I have one class where I help them prepare. They actually do their work and participate in that class! Some of the middle school students won't do their work in my regular reading class.

On Tues/Thurs I will only have 3 classes and on M/W/F I will have 4 I think. It will be nice to have a shorter schedule for 1 month. But it does open up a lot of free time.

In my first class we made tortilla pizza. The students brought the ingredients. We had tortilla, cheese, ketchup, onion, green bell pepper and hamThey had fun making it. I actually shared mine with some students in another class so I didn't get to eat any of it. I wanted to taste it!

In my 2nd class we took a reading test. It was a simple test and everyone got all of the answers right. Then I gave them some fun activities to do and we played a game.

I found out today when my vacation will be. I will have vacation August 4-8. I was looking at prices to the USA and its way too expensive! I'm thinking I'll go to Jeju if I can find a flight and hotel. Most of the hotels I looked at said they only had 1 room left. The flight isn't very expensive. It would be about $350 round trip. If the hotels sell out though then I won't go. I'm not going to get somewhere and not have a place to stay. If that doesn't work out then maybe I'll take a 2-3 day trip to the beach or to Busan. Maybe the tour group I'm a member of will have something going on that week. I definitely want to go somewhere.

No comments: