Sunday, June 1, 2014

Just a lazy day....

I can't ever sleep in without interruption. There is too much going on here. I went to bed this morning around 2am and I was going to see if I could sleep till 11:00 am. Nope. I had my own personal alarm clock at 9:30am. It sounded like someone using some kind of power tool in my building. There have been a lot of power tool sounds around here lately. I can't narrow down where exactly it is, but it sounds really close in my building.

I did lay back down and slept some more. I finally got out of bed around noon. I decided to be lazy today.

I tried to clean some in my apartment. Whoever lived here before didn't like to clean! There is a ring in the toilet. There are set in stains on the cabinets. I need a maid. A good maid!! Maids might be disgusted by my apartment. Maybe I'll ask my teachers at school if they know anyone who has a good maid. This place needs a deep cleaning. After I got finished I discovered that the last person didn't clean underneath things. It was dirty under the couch and under the little dresser. She said it was dirty under the bed, but I'm not strong enough to move it by myself.

Today a guy I met in McDonalds showed me around. He showed me where to find some markets, super markets, immigration office, movie theater, and even a bowling alley. I found out there is a laundromat near my house. I will be making use of that!! I miss my dryer. I just hang my things to dry in my apartment on a drying rack. Today my towel felt so hard like sandpaper! He also gave me a top sheet when I told him about the oldness of my blanket. The teacher that he replaced left some extra stuff. Its like a thicker version of a flat sheet. I'm going to use it as a blanket. The blanket that was left here for me is in bad shape-its old and has stains.

I found out that the big supermarkets (E-mart and Home Plus) are closed on the 1st and the 15th of the month. Today was the first. I was planning on going to E-mart, but I'm glad I found that out before I went. Maybe I'll go one morning.

I skyped with my boyfriend for like 1 minute. It was good to see him since we didn't see each other in person this weekend. I miss him. I wish we could spend more time together, but we are both busy. This Friday is a holiday. Maybe I will suggest that we spend the day together!

No comments: